Connecting sound card to amp
May 15, 2003 at 7:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

TerryKok

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

It's my first post here in this wonderful forum and I was hoping to get some insights on how some of the members connect their computers to their headphone amps. Do you use any converters at the sound card end to convert the mini jack to the RCA connectors interconnects are friendly with? If so, is there any quality loss (ignoring the fact that computers probably aren't the best sound source around
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Or do you prefer external USB based interfaces with built in DACs (eg. Stereo-Link, Xitel Pro HiFi-Link etc)? I am planning on writing up an article regarding this for my website and any feedback/input would be greatly appreciated!

May 16, 2003 at 7:13 AM Post #2 of 2
Well, I myself use a M-Audio Revolution and a Audigy 2( my old comp has the M-Audio and my MP3s for music and the new gaming rig has the Audigy 2) as I've found that the external soundcards are to limited by the USB1.1 bandwidth that all the current cards are useing. Once USB2.0 or Firewire external soundcards start showing up I may switch to useing one for both but right now I use internal connected with a mini-RCA converter to my amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back