Confused: MX500 , VX100 or.. ?
Sep 17, 2002 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

akerman

100+ Head-Fier
I need to buy a good pair earbuds, for use with my portable cd player, minidisc, and probably soon also the slimx...

It's very important that they fit well - I hate when I have to "re-insert" my earbuds every few minutes!

Which earbud would you recommend? I want to be sure I am ordering the right set...

At first I was going to order the MX500, but now I read that sound quality is only so-so, and they don't fit well...

Now I am considering the VX-100 / HP-V600, but I also just read that these fit terribly on some people...

Please help a disorientated first-time buyer like me =)

PS: Currently I use the earbuds that came with my cd-player - they are called MDR-E741 (Sony); And I think they fit exceptionally well, never fall out, and to my knowledge (haven't heard any more expensive earbuds) they also sound well...

Sep 17, 2002 at 1:19 PM Post #2 of 3
It's all about how the bud fits...
Some people will get million dollar sound from a 10 dollar earphone because of exellent fit while some will find the sound from the 60+ dollar E888 lacking because of poor fit.

But your problem seems to be minor when were talking about the cheap phones you mention. Get one of each and keep the ones that sounds best to you.

Sep 17, 2002 at 1:26 PM Post #3 of 3
HI: earbuds are nice but cant come close to the koss-35 or the koss portapro. These headphones are very portable and sound years better than any earbud and are very inexpensive. If you got the 35s or portapros you will thank me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back