computer headphone-speaker switch
Oct 12, 2003 at 8:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rickcr42

Are YOU talkin' to me?
maybe not the best switches in the world (you know-gold/silver/name your precious metal of choice) but a handy little gadget just the same

probably be discontinued like the headphone stands
very_evil_smiley.gif

26-204.jpg

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...%5Fid=26%2D204

Oct 13, 2003 at 3:08 AM Post #3 of 3
I make ALL my stuff
biggrin.gif

but there are many that shudder at the thought of using a soldering iron or even the ones that have electronic skills have a difficult time housing the stuff they build .

What i sometimes do is cheat : purchase a nice looking but not great product (radio shack input and av selectors ) and then replacing all the parts with superior ones (C&K silver switches , gold jacks , better wire , etc - and in the case of the input
selector 1:1 isolation transformers on the video input to totally isolate that feed )

but as i said ,every once in a while radio shack comes out with some cool gadgets that are at least the equal of other gadget companies and the prices are usually pretty reasonable for this category

case in point-i can not build a AD converter as cheap as the one radio shack carries (AKM ADC chip) but I CAN make it better

same with the speaker switch - replace the switches and the spring clips with binding posts , add a resistor matrix and headphone out jack and you get a nice little device that is not ugly nor does it look DIY

I could go on but this is NOT the DIY forum
wink.gif

rickmeister , head-fi's " resident master destructor of radio shack products"

very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back