Computer gurus, can you help me?
Nov 14, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #31 of 35
I guess I'll be the one and only person to point out that unless the mobo in an a320n was replaced at some point, there is no way it will play the Sims3 regardless of how much Ram you put in there-- it has an integrated 64mb graphics card that is about on par with the GMA950, and will not run the Sim3 at all.

The a320n was introduced in 2003. It's an Athlon XP2800 with the nVidia GeForce 4MX graphics set. Also prominently features a high speed modem and PS/2 connections!

You're wasting time if you want to play games of any modern vintage on this system.

Nov 14, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by kb1gra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess I'll be the one and only person to point out that unless the mobo in an a320n was replaced at some point, there is no way it will play the Sims3 regardless of how much Ram you put in there-- it has an integrated 64mb graphics card that is about on par with the GMA950, and will not run the Sim3 at all.

The a320n was introduced in 2003. It's an Athlon XP2800 with the nVidia GeForce 4MX graphics set. Also prominently features a high speed modem and PS/2 connections!

You're wasting time if you want to play games of any modern vintage on this system.

Well there you go. Looks like it's time to put linux on there after all.
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by oakleyguy89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EDIT: I dont understand why computer manufacturers have to only create a partition in the HDD for backups. I think it is much more convenient to just include the installation disks as well, because if something corrupts in the recovery partition then you are fubar.

It has to do with licensing. What they do is much cheaper than purchasing full oem licenses from M$.

Nov 15, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by kb1gra /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmmmm. Ya, couple year old low end discrete is about as bad as today's integrated. Wait... I take that bad, they are actually a lot worse...

Sims (the original) might run but Sim3... no way.

^OP: just install whatever system you can get onto that, don't think about gaming on that machine, won't work out.

Nov 16, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #35 of 35
Well, it played sims2 very well and it did it better than the integrated graphics on my girlfriends dell studio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back