Compatibility of 0404 with my video card
Aug 17, 2004 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Watchdog

500+ Head-Fier
I have an ATI All in Wonder card that I purchased because I wanted to have a TV tuner. I know there are cheaper ways to have done it, but that's another discussion.

Anyhow, I currently take a 1/8" cable from my video card into my sound card input so I can hear the audio for television. I presume that if I got an EMU 0404 to replace the sound card that came with the computer (internal I believe), that I would simply find a cable that went from 1/8" stereo to two 1/4" RCA and fed that into the EMU I would be fine.

I don't think there would be any compatibility issues, however is there anything I should watch out for?

Aug 18, 2004 at 12:38 AM Post #2 of 3
in patchmix, you'll have to configure a session to route in the input to the wave out strip. (this will make more sense once you get the card). of course, you might not always want this setup so you create more than one session. i have 3 different sessions that i use. one for when i play games (it's configured to take the digital input from my audigy 2). a second one for playing music at 96khz. the third one is just a vanilla session set for 44.1khz that i use for everyday stuff. .... i think i might have made a 4th one that's set to 44.1khz with some FX added.

Aug 18, 2004 at 1:35 AM Post #3 of 3
You can always keep the AIW cable connected to the onboard audio and use that for television. Then just use the EMU for music playing. That's what I do -- one sound card for tv, another one for music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back