Comparison of solid cord ER-4Ps vs braided cord version
Oct 6, 2003 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

sclamb

1000+ Head-Fier
Having used the solid cord ER-4Ps I have now got a pair with the new braided cord. The immediate impression is that the braided cord is quite a bit thinner than the original cord and it feels like it might be quite fragile. Only time will tell I guess, but I am sure ER will have tested the cord and fittings to ensure some degree of robustness, especially as it requires a twisting motion to remove the Etys from your ears.

As to the degree of microphonics from the cord when it rubs against clothing (such as when walking) this is greatly reduced with the new cord. It is actually almost non-intrusive and the braided cord is certainly a great improvement.

Overall, I am pleased with the new Etys and think they show good improvement over the solid cord version. Time will tell how well the newer, more fragile feeling cord holds up.

Finally a quick word for Headroom. I am in the UK and ordered the ER-4Ps on Friday. They arrived at my door at 8am on Monday morning. Great service with information at every stage of the process, and I in effect got the Etys for 1/2 price compared to the UK prices.

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back