Comparing ER6i, SCL3 and SCL4.
Dec 19, 2008 at 8:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

toekutr

New Head-Fier
Well, I'm going to order some IEMs tonight or tomorrow
ksc75smile.gif
, but before I do, I'd like to know the differences between these.

Etymotic ER6-i
Shure SCL3
Shure SCL4

The SCL3's are $59 on musician's friend, and the SCL4s are $79.
The ER6i's I can get for around $70.

Considering that I plan on using these exclusively for music, maybe a little gaming (though I already have speakers for that), what would you guys recommend?

How do they compare and what are the differences?

Dec 19, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #2 of 5
Well, the SCL4 is usually double the MSRP of the ER6i (which should tell you a little bit), and the SCL3 isn't considered quite as good as the SCL4.

Just get the SCL4 (Considered Shure's top single driver IEM when it was still in major production) and be happy you got such a great deal on a fantastic set of IEMs. I know I am (well, will be once the bleeding things get shipped to me).

Dec 19, 2008 at 8:31 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the SCL4 is usually double the MSRP of the ER6i (which should tell you a little bit), and the SCL3 isn't considered quite as good as the SCL4.

Just get the SCL4 (Considered Shure's top single driver IEM when it was still in major production) and be happy you got such a great deal on a fantastic set of IEMs. I know I am (well, will be once the bleeding things get shipped to me).

Quote:

Originally Posted by oarnura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The SCL4s are fantastic. I highly recommend them. At $79.99 you won't find anything close to as good.

Heh, ok. The only problem is waiting
confused.gif

Dec 19, 2008 at 8:55 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by toekutr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, ok. The only problem is waiting
confused.gif

If you have a Guitar Center near you check if they have stock. I just got mine a few hours ago. Called and got some lame answer saying the white ones were SCL2s. So I tool a chance drove up and sure enough they have a SCL4 white. Scanned it and the price came up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back