Comfortable, open (over- or on-ear) headphones ~60€
Aug 5, 2015 at 5:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kelnoky

New Head-Fier
Hey guys!

My girlfriend's birthday is coming up and she has been complaining about her in-ears growing rather uncomfortable, since she uses them for hours at work. So I would like to get her some new cans and I hope you can help me with picking out a pair!

Naturally I would like to get her some headphones that have good audio quality - she mostly listens to indie and rock (e.g. Radiohead, Gaslight Anthem, Decemberists, World Inferno/Friendship Society). However, comfort is key for this selection since she basically wears them all day at work (office/desk-job). She usually listens to her music at low volumes, so the headphones don't need to be closed/noise-cancelling and she also wants to be able to easily hear if someone starts talking to her, so they should actually be open/semi-open.

Unfortunately, she is also rather picky about the look of her headphones (or anything she wears, really :wink:). I know this is hard for you guys to factor in because you obviously don't know her taste, but she likes some of the House of Marley designs (e.g. http://www.amazon.de/Marley-EM-FH023-HA-Redemption-Kopfh%C3%B6rer-harvest/dp/B006BUNULY/ref=sr_1_4?s=ce-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1438764360&sr=1-4&keywords=marley+house) and she would probably always lean towards more retro/old-fashioned headphone designs.

The budget for this is around 60€ - I can also go to something like 70 or 75, but sadly I really can't afford much more than that.
Thanks for any help you can give me with this! :)

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #3 of 3
Perhaps the Takstar HI2050?

Never heard of these cans, they look really good! Just from their looks I can tell that they would be very comfortable to wear and all the reviews seem to say the same. Thanks for that suggestion!

What is head-fi's opinion on the House of Marley headphones btw? I know many of them don't get treated kindly around here, but the  EM-FH023 Redemption Song have gotten some nice reviews around the net, although I didn't find any reviews at all from sites I would normally trust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back