Comfortable Headphones For Home Studio?
Jun 5, 2021 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bradysays

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am looking for some recommendations for some comfortable over ear headphones for home recording. Something suitable for recording guitars and vocals but wearable for long periods? I have some ideas from this article but am open to other suggestions.

I have the DT770 Pro but I find they get too warm after long periods. I'm tempted to try the AKG K702 but something about the design I don't really like. I'd love to try something in the Sennheiser 600 series, but they are a little out of my price range, I'm looking for something under $300 really.

Thanks

Jun 5, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi, I am looking for some recommendations for some comfortable over ear headphones for home recording. Something suitable for recording guitars and vocals but wearable for long periods? I have some ideas from this article but am open to other suggestions.
I have the DT770 Pro but I find they get too warm after long periods. I'm tempted to try the AKG K702 but something about the design I don't really like. I'd love to try something in the Sennheiser 600 series, but they are a little out of my price range, I'm looking for something under $300 really.
For audio production (Creating, mixing, editing) Sony MDR-V6, great prices for used ones ($50), replacement ear pads are $10.
It's a closed headphone, but a great price for something that for a long time has been recommended for studio stuff.

Jun 5, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #3 of 3
For audio production (Creating, mixing, editing) Sony MDR-V6, great prices for used ones ($50), replacement ear pads are $10.
It's a closed headphone, but a great price for something that for a long time has been recommended for studio stuff.
Thank you, always hear good things about these, and I often see them present in a range of studios. I figured open or semi-open might be better for comfort, but I will take a look at these definitely for that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back