Cmoy + Grado SR80's
Jan 5, 2009 at 12:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

smrtby123

100+ Head-Fier
I just got my first pair of real headphones for xmas with the SR80's, and I had been planning to build a cmoy for my ipod and other assorted applications, but I couldn't find anyone posts about a mod to the cmoy for the low impedence grados.
I know I can do the current buffer with another set of opamps, and I was planning on using the tangent schematic that has an output resistor, but has anyone used the output capacitor that chu moy has in his original headwize page? He lists that as a mod for using it with the low impedence headphones like the grados but if the amp will work fine without any mods I will just do that.

btw I am not a newb to soldering, looking at schematics etc I just have never applied that to audio so you can throw the technicals at me.

Jan 6, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #2 of 3
Hi. You'd be better off posting this question in the DIY section. You should prob use the search feature in that particular forum, as well. It may have the answers you're looking for. Good luck with your project! Oh, welcome to Head-Fi, and sorry about your wallet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back