Closed cans, comfortable, under $150
Oct 7, 2014 at 12:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

revswim

New Head-Fier
Its almost my wife's birthday and I'm looking to get her some decent headphones. Here's what I'm looking for:

They have to be under $150 new and I need to be able to order them online. If its Amazon, as long as the sale price is under $150 its good.

She rides the bus a lot so I think she needs portable, closed, over the ear headphones.

She listens to music all day at work so they'd definitely need to be comfy but I still want her to have good sound quality or else what is even the point?

I was looking at Sony MDR-7506's but they are meant for monitoring and recording, I was worried that there would be very little bass with them. Half of what she listens to is Hip Hop. She doesn't need overpowering bass tho.

She's had a pair of grados but I don't think the open design will work for her current situation. Any ideas? I know there are other threads about this (I read them all) but I still don't know what's best for our specific needs.

Oct 7, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #2 of 2
UE6000--see:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000

Headphone comfort is a very individual thing.  Sizing and sensitivities are unique to each person.  We can point you to headphones that are generally considered to be comfortable and mention others that have garnered complaints for being uncomfortable.  However, the only way to know for sure is to wear them yourself for a time equivalent to your longest listening session.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back