Clicking/Popping noises while playing music :(
Jan 30, 2024 at 9:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

levanni

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Recently got a brand new Xduoo XD-05 Bal 2 amplifier. Sometimes I hear this clicking or popping noises while listening to music! Similar to the noise when you plug/unplug cables. Tried a lot changing bit rates, cables, IEMs, switched to bluetooth, AUX, filters, etc. I even played with the buffer settings in their soft, nothing helps. I also hooked it up with my mobile via bluetooth - same thing. Mainly using Spotify, but strange is that I can't notice this in games. At first I thought maybe balanced output will be cleaner (unfortunately I don't have one to test now) but this makes no sense, because I also hear it through AUX port in speakers. I haven't replaced the op-amps yet to see what happens, though, but I believe this won't solve the problem. Please help, this is so annoying.

Thanks,
Lev

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #2 of 12
Does it do this at low volumes as well as high? Does it do this with local music?

Jan 30, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #4 of 12
I see numerous complaints about popping on this Xduoo. Strange that it happens over Bluetooth as well as USB. Some have said the op amp swap has resolved it, but I'm not a fan of throwing good money into bad. And I don't have experience with this amp, so I don't want to suggest something that won't help your issue.

If you have a different amp, I would try that--rule out that it's nothing in the rest of your setup causing the issue.

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #5 of 12
Does it do this at low volumes as well as high? Does it do this with local music?

I have recorded music from spotify using laptop's audio and there also was popping in the file. Then I played this file from xduoo - popping everywhere. Turned device off and on again - relatively clear sound. Downloaded new mp3 file - same thing, weird clicks. Copied this file to another laptop, hooked up this xduoo there - no popping at all. Seems like synchronization problem of the sample rates etc... I donno :frowning2:

I'll try to uninstall the drivers I installed from their site and see what happens.

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:22 PM Post #6 of 12
I see numerous complaints about popping on this Xduoo. Strange that it happens over Bluetooth as well as USB. Some have said the op amp swap has resolved it, but I'm not a fan of throwing good money into bad. And I don't have experience with this amp, so I don't want to suggest something that won't help your issue.

If you have a different amp, I would try that--rule out that it's nothing in the rest of your setup causing the issue.

and I see numerous complains regarding DACs manufactured by other companies as well, Topping, SMSL, Schiit, you name it.

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #7 of 12
and I see numerous complains regarding DACs manufactured by other companies as well, Topping, SMSL, Schiit, you name it.

According to an SBAF post, Topping, SMSL, Xduoo, Aune, and some others are all part of one company.

Jan 30, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #8 of 12
According to an SBAF post, Topping, SMSL, Xduoo, Aune, and some others are all part of one company.

Come on, millions of people buying these things and are happy as hell. I watched dozens of videos both of simple users as well as top reviewers before getting this thing, one of them is Zeos who said nothing bad about the XD-05 except that he is pissed of because xduoo decided to remove next track button for bluetooth :)

Jan 30, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #9 of 12
Come on, millions of people buying these things and are happy as hell. I watched dozens of videos both of simple users as well as top reviewers before getting this thing, one of them is Zeos who said nothing bad about the XD-05 except that he is pissed of because xduoo decided to remove next track button for bluetooth :)

I don't have a problem with your Xduoo. You do.

Recently got a brand new Xduoo XD-05 Bal 2 amplifier. Sometimes I hear this clicking or popping noises while listening to music! Similar to the noise when you plug/unplug cables. Tried a lot changing bit rates, cables, IEMs, switched to bluetooth, AUX, filters, etc. I even played with the buffer settings in their soft, nothing helps. I also hooked it up with my mobile via bluetooth - same thing. Mainly using Spotify, but strange is that I can't notice this in games. At first I thought maybe balanced output will be cleaner (unfortunately I don't have one to test now) but this makes no sense, because I also hear it through AUX port in speakers. I haven't replaced the op-amps yet to see what happens, though, but I believe this won't solve the problem. Please help, this is so annoying.

Jan 30, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #10 of 12
I have uninstalled xduoo drivers from their web site, restarted my laptop and played a Billie Eilish - bad guy - 30 times with clean sound, no popping. Definitely will see her in my dreams tonight!

Of course, this does not guarantee I will no longer have issues right after I move to Spotify, not at all, I don't believe in magic. This means either xduoo drivers are bad or I don't know something. By the way, according to the fact that I saw Win10 folder while uninstalling, this might indicate that this driver is not fully compatible with Windows 11.

Anyway... hopefully this is a software issue, I guess mainly with sample rate mismatch between devices. No driver or firmware updates for bal 2 yet, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 3:33 PM Post #12 of 12
That's why I asked you for help, and thanks for your replies btw.

You're welcome, glad you're closer to a possible solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back