[Claimed] AKG k601 pad
May 7, 2007 at 3:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Febs

Headphoneus Supremus
[The k601 pad has been claimed and all PMs responded to.]

I recently upgraded the pads on my k501 to k701 pads after my puppy ate the original pads. Due to a mix up in shipping, I originally received one k701 pad and one k601 pad. AKG has now shipped me the second k701 pad.

Bottom line, I now have a single k601 pad that I have no use for. If anyone needs a single k601 pad, please PM me. Free to the continental U.S., actual costs of shipping to anywhere else.

May 8, 2007 at 4:05 PM Post #5 of 8
Ohh man, I read "Free: K601"
icon10.gif

May 9, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #8 of 8
I've selected a recipient for the k601 pad, and responded to all PMs.

Note: there was a short period of time between when my Head-Fi subscription ran out and when I renewed it this morning that my PM box was full. If you tried to PM me during that time, I may not have received your message.

Quote:

Originally Posted by episiarch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Febs, have you posted anything about the comfort and/or sonic effects of your K501 pad upgrade? I'm very curious to know how you like it.

The comfort is definitely an improvement over the k501 stock pads if only because the velour pad is more comfortable than the cloth stock pad. The k701 pads are angled, where the k501 pads were flat, though this doesn't make any noticeable difference to me in terms of comfort.

Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time with the k501s before my dog decided to make a meal of the old pads to really get to know the sound of them, so I don't think I can do a meaningful comparison between the way they sounded then and the way they sound now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back