CK2III buzzing... HELP
Jun 26, 2010 at 3:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

spiftacu1ar

Head-Fier
Hello, 
    I just finished building my ck2III. I did the initial setup as per the directions, getting the final voltage through r23 and r43 to be about 14.2mv. (and I have the outputs heatsinked). I also have a ground loop breaker consisting of a resistor and capacitor as recommended. 

However, there are two problems when I power it on for use. Firstly, its extremely loud: at minimum volume, its at about listening volume, (I am running hd650's on the output, and the gamma2 on the input). Secondly, it buzzes a lot. If I remove the cable from the input, the buzzing goes away, but if I have the cable connected, and not connected to the gamma2 (so open on one end), the buzzing is still there. Also, if I remove the cable, and crank the volume up, the buzzing can still be heard. 

The ONLY thing I did that is not in the directions is that I have a 3.5mm jack wired in parallel with the rca jacks, which means the left and right ground are shorted together (could this cause it?). I checked the resistance between the chassis and the signal ground, and it is about 25k ohms, I am not sure if this is normal, but it doesn't seem like its a short. Also, if this counts as a difference, I am using a 27k ohm resistor in front of the led, and a low current, low voltage led that is very dim (I don't like bright led's on the panel)

Thanks for any help. It's most appreciated.

Jun 26, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #2 of 3
Never mind, I figured it out. I wired up the pot incorrectly, and accidently shorted the pot input to the board input... I feel real stupid right now. All those parrallel lines in the wiring diagram are hard to keep track of. 

It works GREAT now. Love it.

Jun 26, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #3 of 3
Never mind, I figured out the problem... I wired the pot incorrectly. :p following all those parallel lines in the wiring diagram confused me when I was working late at night.

It sounds great now, I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back