Chord TT2 with 2 amps connected.
Dec 27, 2022 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ppbb

New Head-Fier
I use my TT2 as a dac only. I have it connected to an external amp via xlr. I'd like to connect another amp via RCA as well.

Am I ok doing this as long as I only turn on and use one amp at a time?

Chord indicated I could damage the TT2 but I think that was using 2 amps at the same time.

Please advise. Thanks

Dec 28, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #2 of 8
Last edited:
Dec 28, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #4 of 8
Did Chord give any indication as to why this would damage the TT2 or what kind of damage occurs? I see in the manual that they simply claim it will damage the unit, but no further information is provided.

From what others have said in reviews, it sounds like the DAC is inherently single-ended, and the balanced output is the result of an extra conversion at the end of the signal path. From that high-level description, it seems like the outputs should be largely independent and usable at the same time with no issue, although that isn't what Chord claims.

Dec 30, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #6 of 8
I also emailed Chord about this, since I am using the RCA outputs to my main amplifiers while the XLR feed my sub (I've run the system this way from the start, and admittedly did not read this portion of the manual when I first got the TT2). Specifically, I asked them what kind of damage could occur and how to check if that damage had occurred. Their reply did not address either concern, stating that the XLR outputs wood be the first to suffer if there's was a problem, and that there was likely no issue if the XLR outputs still sounded fine. This was of no comfort to me, and I'm now concerned that I'm damaging my DAC every time I run my system (which isn't very often). Did you have any better luck obtaining information from Chord about this topic?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back