Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 28, 2022 at 6:26 AM Post #1,111 of 10,527
Jan 28, 2022 at 6:31 AM Post #1,112 of 10,527
Could someone please explain issues users faced with Poly? What got fixed with firmware update and what is still a pain point?
I had Mojo which I sold back in 2019 and now getting Mojo 2 as soon as I can get my hands on one but still on the fence about Poly and trying to understand the magnitude of these issues and workarounds?

Jan 28, 2022 at 6:40 AM Post #1,113 of 10,527
Could someone please explain issues users faced with Poly? What got fixed with firmware update and what is still a pain point?
I had Mojo which I sold back in 2019 and now getting Mojo 2 as soon as I can get my hands on one but still on the fence about Poly and trying to understand the magnitude of these issues and workarounds?
Poly is probably off topic for this thread, but for many users including me its the random nature, will it work today or not.

It can be very temperamental sometimes, usually when I want to just listen.

Also it would be easier to use in a mobile setting if Chord ever got ChromeCast or Spotify connect added which are features that were promised at one point.

Jan 28, 2022 at 7:08 AM Post #1,114 of 10,527
Poly is probably off topic for this thread, but for many users including me its the random nature, will it work today or not.

It can be very temperamental sometimes, usually when I want to just listen.

Also it would be easier to use in a mobile setting if Chord ever got ChromeCast or Spotify connect added which are features that were promised at one point.
Mojo 2's built-in EQ make it very tempting for me. Micro usb is a turn off though - a couple of years ago I vowed to only buy devices which use USB-C as I don't like having lot's of different cables around. Unfortunately, devices like the mojo are exempt from the EU's common external power supply legislation. I can't believe that Chord would go with micro usb just for the sake of compatibility with Poly, given that it doesn't seem to be a very compelling product for many people - but obviously Chord know different.
Poly would only be of use to me if it were to support Tidal and Spotify connect - That, combined with built-in EQ would be a dream combination for me.

Jan 28, 2022 at 7:08 AM Post #1,115 of 10,527
With the latest firmware it works pretty reliably. Best of all you can bypass bluetooth with it and just use the hotspot outside while retaining internet. Of course the hardware version probably has some role, maybe not, I can't tell but I know I got a replacement poly and it's the latest. The gofigure app now works well; I'm at 3.00 firmware.

Jan 28, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #1,118 of 10,527
No matter what, it will sell really well !
I am not so sure about that. When mojo came originally it really did fill a gap. Now the mojo 2 will be swimming among sharks I am afraid and when we are talking about mobile devices good sound is not enough because other devices are "good enough" and more diverse. There is competition now. I will personally buy it if the price is right

Jan 28, 2022 at 7:55 AM Post #1,119 of 10,527
Was there any hardware refresh to poly?
What I know is that my replacement poly is more stable by a mile than what I had previously. Actually my previous poly failed miserably. This one is behaving and I can't tell whether it's just the latest firmware or a combination with the fact that it was probably made later. But it's stable to my surprise.

Jan 28, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #1,120 of 10,527
No matter what, it will sell really well !
I'm not so sure, what makes you say that?
There's a lot more competitors since Mojo launched, and the landscape has changed. Without bluetooth I think it's not a particularly useful device to be honest, at least until the poly is fixed. Too limited.

People can just grab a DAP that sounds superb, has storage, bluetooth, etc, more battery life than the Mojo, and weighing about the same...

Jan 28, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #1,121 of 10,527
Mojo 2 is reviewed in the latest issue of Hi-Fi World, which isn’t officially available until January 31st, but my local shop had a copy. They list the price as £449.00.

Jan 28, 2022 at 8:39 AM Post #1,122 of 10,527
Mojo 2 is reviewed in the latest issue of Hi-Fi World, which isn’t officially available until January 31st, but my local shop had a copy. They list the price as £449.00.
Any sound impressions from the review?

Jan 28, 2022 at 8:39 AM Post #1,123 of 10,527
I am not so sure about that. When mojo came originally it really did fill a gap. Now the mojo 2 will be swimming among sharks I am afraid and when we are talking about mobile devices good sound is not enough because other devices are "good enough" and more diverse. There is competition now. I will personally buy it if the price is right

My prediction is that the Mojo 2 will be significantly better sounding than similar priced competition and other brands will be working for years to catch up, similar to the situation with the original Mojo. In this scenario I think the large disparity in sound quality will be enough for Mojo 2 to differentiate itself and be successful in the market… but only the reviews will tell for certain I guess.

Jan 28, 2022 at 8:40 AM Post #1,124 of 10,527
I haven’t finished reading yet, but it’s described as outstanding

Jan 28, 2022 at 8:42 AM Post #1,125 of 10,527
I'm not so sure, what makes you say that?
There's a lot more competitors since Mojo launched, and the landscape has changed. Without bluetooth I think it's not a particularly useful device to be honest, at least until the poly is fixed. Too limited.

People can just grab a DAP that sounds superb, has storage, bluetooth, etc, more battery life than the Mojo, and weighing about the same...
Many in the target market don’t care about Bluetooth and other functionality which ultimately leads to inferior sound quality (myself included). These consumers prioritise the best sound quality above all else and these consumers are the ones that mojo 2 will likely cater for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back