Chord Electronics MScaler with Streamer for Chord Dave and others
May 10, 2020 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

datka3

New Head-Fier
I was wondering how many of you would have an interest in something like this...
Imagin Chord Streamer combined with MSCALER upsampling in the same form factor as Chord Dave ( i think its called choral) with a large OLED screen in the middle that continues center cutout lines started from Dave and continues in the oval shape.
Dual BNC to DAVE from the Streamer MSCALLER would be magical.

As a Current DAVE user, I would love to have one, I know Chord monitors these forums so if you think you might be interested in something like this please respond with your comments and to +1

basically
dave and.png

May 11, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #2 of 3
They used to make a network player, you can even buy one on eBay if you like Chord Choral Network player Obviously no Mscaler functionality. You could now add the new network endpoint that links to the 2Go to the Mscaler. I get the sense that Rob does not really believe that the renderers make a huge difference to the sound quality when using Chord Dacs he may not be that motivated.

Last edited:
May 11, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #3 of 3
Old code X Choral player is really outdated and has built-in DAC , since they already make DAVE and made streamer for Chord Hugo2 as well as Poly it time to do an uber streamer for Choral Stack and what's better than having a Streamer that has MScaler technology built-in that connects to dave via native dual BNC , with a gorgeous large OLED screen in the middle , if Chord ever pulls the plug on this they should conceder having Fiber Network card port, on top of regular RJ45.
In general is there a product that can stream and upsample similar to Mscaler technology currently on the market? I do not think there are many, so this device have huge potential of service a streamer of choice for other brands as well but obviously would work best with Chord DAVE since they connect over dual BNC for the highest throughput.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back