Chord Alto
Jan 26, 2024 at 6:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

SunRa Fan

100+ Head-Fier
Just announced: Chord Alto headphone and near field speaker amp. Anyone know what the cost is?

Alto intro video

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 9:45 PM Post #2 of 10
Since it’s a Chord Professional product and has Ultima tech, it’s probably either close to or north of $10K if I had to guess.

Jan 27, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #4 of 10

Attachments

• CHORD_ULTIMA_main.jpg
    CHORD_ULTIMA_main.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 1:14 PM Post #5 of 10
This is not for the audiophiles
So? Even Benchmark or RME are for professionals, but with a wider market of listeners. Maybe they choose to sell it only via direct sale....

Jan 27, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #6 of 10
So? Even Benchmark or RME are for professionals, but with a wider market of listeners. Maybe they choose to sell it only via direct sale....

RME and Benchmark sell their pro grade products through retail, it doesn’t look like this will happen with the Chord unless the demand becomes very high I don’t see why they would change it.

Jan 29, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #8 of 10
Heard it at NAMM Show over the weekend was quite solid. Price is around $3,000 USD when converted to USD. Chord Professional is newish from Chord where it is handled directly with Chord for now. Asked if maybe consumer version was coming and I didn't get a direct response of yes or no, but told them if they do, I think it would do quite well for our audience. Sounded absolutely wonderful and Tom sounded quite enthusiastic in talking about what it took to make it.

Audeze had 8 Altos in their booth since they had artists playing behind the table and then 8 setups to hear them play. Joked and said you could have needed only 2 units then.

OR8ZsPU.jpg

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 29, 2024 at 8:25 PM Post #9 of 10
Alto is much better than the amp built in TT2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back