[CLOSED] Chesky Vocalists Comparison: Christy Baron & Carla Lother
Aug 19, 2016 at 2:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4
Chesky Records is proud to be celebrating its 30th year of operation in 2016. One of the ways we're highlighting the tremendous catalog of artists we've recorded over the years is to ask you, the fans, who some of your favorites are.

[CLOSED]

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #2 of 4
So, here's the story:-
I tried to listen to Christy Barron.
I get this message when trying the 30 second excerpt. "The 30 second audio preview for this track is not available in your country"
It directs me to Spotify.
So, I download and install Spotify.
I run Spotify and Call up the album, and Lo, and behold  - nothing. The album will not run.

I then listen to Carla Lother without Spotify - No problems.

So, my vote must go to Carla Lother.

btw, if this sort of thing continues to happen, I'm walking.

Aug 20, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #3 of 4
  So, here's the story:-
I tried to listen to Christy Barron.
I get this message when trying the 30 second excerpt. "The 30 second audio preview for this track is not available in your country"
It directs me to Spotify.
So, I download and install Spotify.
I run Spotify and Call up the album, and Lo, and behold  - nothing. The album will not run.

I then listen to Carla Lother without Spotify - No problems.

So, my vote must go to Carla Lother.

btw, if this sort of thing continues to happen, I'm walking.

I couldn´t play Christy Baron´s tunes on Spotify either which gives an unfair advantage to Carla Lother, I went to Youtube and listened to a couple of Christy´s songs and tried to vote for her but survey closed. How long are the surveys open? This one was less than a day.

Aug 22, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #4 of 4
So, now we have Rebecca Pidgeon vs Noah Wall, but not in their own thread.   sad......  
blink.gif

Unless I had looked in the "click to listen" which still shows Christy Baron and Carla Lowther, I would not have known that the contest had progressed to the next combatants.

The links to listen to both singers would NOT work whether using them as a 30sec demo, or using Spotify - what gives...?

To cut to the chase, Rebecca Pidgeon gets my vote here. 

Thank goodness we have youtube......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back