Cheap good amp for my AKG K240 MKII (max 100 euros/130 dollars)
Nov 21, 2008 at 3:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

archigius

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, i've bought a nice pair of AKG K240 MKII and i want primarly use them with my mp3 player, a Creative Zen Vision:M (30mW output per channel).

But i noticed that when i use the AKGs with my player, they tend to loose response on low frequencies, while the hight frequencies are emphatized;
this doesn't happen on my PC or notebook, although they haven't very good audio board, so i think it's primarly a power output problem.

I'm searching for a cheap amp, that can decently drive my AKGs.

I'm thinking to buy a Fiio E5, if it can be good enough for the purpose.

Alternatively, can a Cmoy amp (of those sold on Ebay) be sufficient?

Other (more expensive) options are:

iBasso T4;
Pratical Devices XM4;

but they are much expensive and i should prefer something cheaper, because this year i really bought a lot of expensive stuff (Shure SCL2, SE420, SE530
and now AKG k240) and now i've not so much money for a headphone amp.

I should consider iBasso, XM4 (or other better amp you can suggest me) only if a Fiio E5 or Cmoy aren't really suitable to drive my AKGs.

Any suggestion? Really need help, i'm not too much into portable headphone amps...

Nov 24, 2008 at 10:55 AM Post #3 of 5
Bump.

Suggestions, please!
frown.gif

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:35 AM Post #4 of 5
Biosciencegeek on EBay. Got mine today and it drives my AKG 240 S beautifully....$50 US. Worth every penny!

Nov 25, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Biosciencegeek on EBay. Got mine today and it drives my AKG 240 S beautifully....$50 US. Worth every penny!

Nice to know that Comy amp work well.
Does it exactly keep the sound of the AKG k240?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back