Chaintech AV-710 Configuration question?
Jan 6, 2005 at 9:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

aglp2k

New Head-Fier
I am primarily using the AV-710 for passing DD/DTS audio from movies using WinDVD thru the S/PDIF Optical Connection to my Denon 2803 receiver. Just wanted to confirm from the pros on this forum if my settings are correct. My pc is running WinXP pro with SP2.

I installed the latest Envy24 drivers(v 4.32b) for AV-710 from ViaArena website. On the Audio Deck configuration screen I have done the following:

From the 6 channel(5.1) tab, I checked Enable Digital Output checkbox and selected AC3 or PCM with auto selection option. The Sampling rate is automatically changed to 48000.

The sound is coming fine from my Denon Reciever. The Receiver display changes to DD or DTS depending on my source DVD.

Is my configuration correct? Should I be using the 2 Channel option instead for a better sound? Thank you.

Jan 6, 2005 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by aglp2k
Is my configuration correct? Should I be using the 2 Channel option instead for a better sound? Thank you.

Your configuration is correct as the encoded DTS/DD signal is getting to the receiver unaltered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back