CDPCX235 - Sony 200 disc changer
Jul 31, 2001 at 8:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

fbleagh

Head-Fier
hewo, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with iths player ?
I am thinking of purchasing one and using it for a transport.
not sure about the dac yet ( that may have to wait until after my holiday )
I love the idea of 200disc's avaliable
smily_headphones1.gif

but if its crap i think i will spring the extra $200AU and get the NAD i've been eyeing off ( cd 541 )

cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 31, 2001 at 5:08 PM Post #2 of 2
I have the CDP-CX450 (I think that's it anyway) which is the 400 disc version of that CDP player, and I love it. However, mine also has a few more features such as an LCD display on the remote that lists the album and artist names. It'll list the track names too if the CD has CD-TEXT on it. Othwise you can jsut type in the album and artist names. It is very easy to find a song. You can search by the first letter of the album name, or put it in artist mode. I love that feature. I have every Metallica album, and I can just put it in artist mode, hit shuffle, and it will only play the Metallica albums. You can also put them into groups however you want. The other added feature of this model is that it has a video out to a TV that displays the artist and cd name of about 10 CDs at a time and also the current track name that's playing (if there's CD text)

Anyway, I would highly recommend the Sony Jukebox. It sounds fine, although I dont have much to compare it to. And with the digital outs you can hook up an external DAC which would probalby improve the sound dramatically. I don't think there is a 200 disc version with all the fun features I mentioned (like the remote and video out) but there is a 300 disc version. Happy shopping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back