Cavalli Liquid Fire owners present and past
Feb 20, 2019 at 12:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Icenine2

Headphoneus Supremus
Cavalli Liquid Fire owners. I'm still and owner of #4 and love the sound. I'm wondering how many others still own theirs and if they modded anything besides tubes (I recall a few upgrading the wiring to silver?)? If you sold yours what you moved on to and presently listen to. I'm just curious. None of this has anything to do with besides that.
Thank you for your responses!

Feb 21, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #2 of 6
I did upgrade to these tubes with great results: Genalex Gold Lion 6922 / E88CC as well as HerbiesUtlrasSonic SS Dampers.

Feb 23, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #3 of 6
I was in on the original first run batch run of the LF. I think my serial no. was close to 20. I had my LF for about 3 years and then sold it. I moved on to a cheaper amp, the Audio gd Master 9. The LF was a fine amp but honestly, it never lived up to my expectations. I rolled tubes to the Genelex Gold Lion 6922 and then some expensive Siemens tubes. The Siemens were better imo than the GL but 1 of the 4 Siemens tubes crapped out on me. At $120 a tube, I decided not to replace it and went back to the Genelex tubes.

About 2-1/2 years ago I bought my Luxman P700u and a year later I sold the Master 9. I’ve always liked tubes but the solid state P700u checks all boxes for me. The P700u is really great with all my headphones including the LCD 4z, Utopia, HEK v2, and modded HD800. It even drives my hard to drive Headphile modified vintage AKG K340 extremely well. I’ve owned and heard several more powerful amps than the P700u but to my ears it produces the SQ that I find most appealing.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #4 of 6
Thank you Steve. Interesting you moved to a SS amp. Thinking of buying a SS as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back