Case solution for iMod/ Portable VCAP/ Amp? What do you use?
Feb 10, 2008 at 10:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Bigjppop

100+ Head-Fier
I posted this question in the iMod & VCAP thread but it is probably buried a little too deep in there for anyone to see it. So, what I'm wondering is what you guys are using to transport all this gear. I'm considering the iMod with portable VCAP dock to go along with my Hornet but I'm not totally sure about having three devices rubberbanded to each other and trying to carry it around with me.

So, does anyone have any suggestions? I'm sure people have figured some things out already so I don't want to reinvent the wheel. This doesn't have to be something that fits in your pocket (I don't think you'd want to have $1000+ dollars of gear floating freely in your pocket anyway) but some kind of case that makes it easy to set up your rig at your desk, on an airplane, in a hotel room, etc.

Thanks for any suggestions!

J

Feb 11, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #2 of 7
I use a small golfers valuables bag. it's about 5x7 letherette exterior fleece lined with a fleece divider down the the center,one side has a snap closure keep the imod in there amp and cable on the other side. draw string closure. don't have the v-cap doc ,it might be a little full with that but you might find a bit bigger one too. works for me.

Feb 12, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #4 of 7
copied from the thread you originally asked about this on-

"there are plenty storage solutions for transportable audio, catering to whatever sort of rig. they already exist x99999 if you do a little repurposing of other things

camera cases are a popular choice for the size of rig you're talking about

i'm hesitant to recommend the headroom gigabag or whatever because it doesn't really accomodate an LOD / the other cabling so well

personally, I have a great little bag from Hewlett Packard for carrying this little mini photo printer thing and it is an exquisite choice for this kind of thing

look around"

Feb 12, 2008 at 8:26 AM Post #5 of 7
Yeah, i've been considering either a pelican case (because I trust no one at my school), but perhaps also a small camera bag and just have my cans around the strap or something. *shrugs* It'll also depend on whether or not my amp gets upgraded...

Feb 12, 2008 at 9:12 AM Post #6 of 7
I've been looking at a Pelican Case as well; they make some really small ones that look like they might work well for an iPod, portable VCAP, and something like a Hornet. My only concern is how will these pieces of gear function surrounded by foam? My iPod and amp don't put off too much heat, but does the VCAP? I would hate to have all that expensive gear melt inside the case.

Feb 12, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #7 of 7
So far in my experience the vcap dock doesn't put off any heat. So I don't think it'll be too much of an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back