carry bag etc
Apr 19, 2017 at 7:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

gazzington

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi

I am unsure if this the correct place to post this thread.  My portable set up is fiio x5 v3, fiio a5 amp and v-moda 100 headphones.  As you can imagine this two fiios stacked together is too bulky to fit in my pocket.  Are there any items that would allow me to carry this stuff around while I carry on listening?

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #2 of 6

I am unsure if this the correct place to post this thread.  My portable set up is fiio x5 v3, fiio a5 amp and v-moda 100 headphones.  As you can imagine this two fiios stacked together is too bulky to fit in my pocket.  Are there any items that would allow me to carry this stuff around while I carry on listening?

https://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/mirrorless-mover-10

Apr 19, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #3 of 6
Hmm I had not thought about camera bags. I'll take a look. Thanks

Oct 20, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #4 of 6
Hmm I had not thought about camera bags. I'll take a look. Thanks
I'm resurrecting this thread from 2017. I too stumbled on my closet full of camera bags and plan to try an overnight trip with my Dan Clark Aeon headphones and Chord Mojo2. I'm also tempted to add my B&W Px8 for times I don't want to deal with my iPhone/iPad, Chord Mojo2, and Dan Clark Aeon or Sennheiser IE 600 cabled chain.

I'm going to give my Peak Design Everyday Messenger V1 (currently freed from closet) and the V2 (just ordered with return privileges) a go for my electronics big and small. I'd also like to try my Ricoh GRIII camera in the the same bag.

I think potentially camera bags may be the way to go as they offer more space than the usual laptop messenger bags. The Peak Design is semi-rigid and of course had movable velcro dividers that I think will go a long way in letting me carry my headphone rig! I'll let you all know how it works out.

Dec 22, 2023 at 2:07 AM Post #5 of 6
As someone who's been carrying around a stack for half a decade, I'm (regretfully) way too deep in this game. Just to share a few keywords to facilitate google-searching:

Mojo etc: look for point-and-shoot camera bags.
Hugo alone: look for ipad mini / kindle bags. iphone max bags are usually to small.
Hugo2go: look for Nintendo Switch bags.
Hugo+amp stack: look for binocular bags and 3L+ camera slings.

In general, look for tactical bags, camera bags, tech bags. Avoid overpadded bags like Wandrd. Avoid bags with clamshell openings like first-response bags or EDC bags. Do overestimate the height of the bag to make room for headphone connectors' exit. My current carry is Hiby R3II + Hugo 2 + Enleum HPA-23RM in a Kanken Sling.

The key IMO is to look for crossbody bags instead of sling bags. They (or my gears at least) are too heavy to be carried in a sling.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #6 of 6
As someone who's been carrying around a stack for half a decade, I'm (regretfully) way too deep in this game. Just to share a few keywords to facilitate google-searching:

Mojo etc: look for point-and-shoot camera bags.
Hugo alone: look for ipad mini / kindle bags. iphone max bags are usually to small.
Hugo2go: look for Nintendo Switch bags.
Hugo+amp stack: look for binocular bags and 3L+ camera slings.

In general, look for tactical bags, camera bags, tech bags. Avoid overpadded bags like Wandrd. Avoid bags with clamshell openings like first-response bags or EDC bags. Do overestimate the height of the bag to make room for headphone connectors' exit. My current carry is Hiby R3II + Hugo 2 + Enleum HPA-23RM in a Kanken Sling.

The key IMO is to look for crossbody bags instead of sling bags. They (or my gears at least) are too heavy to be carried in a sling.
Great advice, and very good new use for "bag freaks" of which I am one! :darthsmile: I recently dug out a Peak Design Everyday Messenger bag 1.5 (old version) and used it for my Dan Clark Aeon 2 Noire and Chord Mojo2. It worked great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back