Can't get Kernel Streaming. Please help
Jun 14, 2004 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Porksoda

500+ Head-Fier
Hey I JUST got my AV-710 in the mail and I like it already. BUT I can't find an option to turn on Kernel streaming in Foobar. I have v0.8.2 and there is no Kernel Streaming option under preferences. I DLed ASIO4All and that doesn't appear under options either! I turned on "show all options" under output in the hopes that that would fix it, but it didn't work. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks

Jun 14, 2004 at 10:48 PM Post #2 of 9
I'm not sure, but I think Kernel Streaming might not be part of some default package of foobar2000. I downloaded some "special" package and it contains many 3rd party plugins.

Jun 14, 2004 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 9
Like breez said, you need to download the KS output either seperately or get the "Special" FB2k installer that includes a bunch of 3rd party plugins (KS output plugin for FB2k 0.8.2 is attached).

ASIO4all mearly enabled the AV-710 to be used with ASIO and it doesn't include an ASIO plugin for FB2k, that will also need to be serparetly downloaded.

Jun 14, 2004 at 10:57 PM Post #4 of 9
already found it and installed it
tongue.gif

Jun 15, 2004 at 2:08 AM Post #5 of 9
i installed the special version of foobar 0.8.2 and kernal streaming was not there. i downloaded the attached file in this thread and installed it. when i select kernal streaming it will not play any file at all.

i get this error every time: "KS output error: error opening device."

i have my foobar and soundcard setup like Mr. Radar's thread says to.

i'm using a Chaintech AV710 through optical output to a harman kardon reciever capable of 192khz sample rate.

Jun 15, 2004 at 2:38 AM Post #6 of 9
If you aren't using the analog outs on the card then you should disabled the "Enable High - Sample Rate(96KHz)" in the digital audio setup. If you want to use both the high quality analog and digital output on the card then you'll need to turn your resampling down to 96KHz.

Jun 15, 2004 at 5:27 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Radar
If you aren't using the analog outs on the card then you should disabled the "Enable High - Sample Rate(96KHz)" in the digital audio setup. If you want to use both the high quality analog and digital output on the card then you'll need to turn your resampling down to 96KHz.

i tried disabling that and i get the same error.

Sep 15, 2004 at 10:45 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by phil2dot6
Sadly, I've got the same error with Maxvla...

Are you also trying to use 192KHz sampling rate? The card doesn't support that through either the digital or analog outputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back