"Can't Find Device" Error with Asus Xonar software
Jan 26, 2014 at 5:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Blackout621

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

I recently swapped out for a new power supply (700W -> 750W) and added a second graphics card to my rig as well (7970 + 7950). However, my Asus Xonar Essence STX software has been acting up ever since. It refuses to open and says "can't find device" and now this error pops up every time I boot up my computer.I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the asus audio drivers along with re-seating the soundcard, but nothing has worked thus far. The oddest part is that my headphones and mic, both plugged into the card, work just fine even with the error. I just can't open the driver software.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jan 26, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #2 of 3
  Hey all,

I recently swapped out for a new power supply (700W -> 750W) and added a second graphics card to my rig as well (7970 + 7950). However, my Asus Xonar Essence STX software has been acting up ever since. It refuses to open and says "can't find device" and now this error pops up every time I boot up my computer.I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the asus audio drivers along with re-seating the sound card, but nothing has worked thus far. The oddest part is that my headphones and mic, both plugged into the card, work just fine even with the error. I just can't open the driver software.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Did you disable the motherboard's on-board audio? in the BIOS.
Give the STX's Molex 4-pin power connection it's own dedicated power cable? (not shared with any other device).
Try doing a clean driver installation with the Unified Xonar Drivers.

Jan 26, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #3 of 3
  Did you disable the motherboard's on-board audio? in the BIOS.
Give the STX's Molex 4-pin power connection it's own dedicated power cable? (not shared with any other device).
Try doing a clean driver installation with the Unified Xonar Drivers.

Disabling the on-board audio did the trick! That's so odd though because it worked fine before.

Thanks a lot. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back