Canpur CPBA7 thread
Jan 17, 2024 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

vikinguy

500+ Head-Fier
Howdy folks. I just took delivery of this all BA set from Canpur, There is little to nothing about it on the internet that i can find. I’ll be writing a review within the next couple weeks. First impressions are EXTREMELY impressive. Extremely full sounding set, mids gorgeous, BA bass is big and punchy. I’ll need to some more time obviously but first impressions are that it’s an absolutely bargain at $999. More to come!

IMG_0745.jpeg

Jan 18, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #2 of 12
Look forward to hearing your opinion! Although I'm sure the tunings are somewhat different please let me know how it sounds vs Mentawai as that's a reference point we both share!

Jan 18, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #3 of 12
Look forward to hearing your opinion! Although I'm sure the tunings are somewhat different please let me know how it sounds vs Mentawai as that's a reference point we both share!
Absolutely! I can’t seem to get these out of my ears today. I’m going to listen some more and AB with the insanely amazing NGaudio Khaos some more and I’ll back in a bit with some thoughts.

It’s a fantastic set.

Jan 18, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #4 of 12
So, we hear all the time about some iems being amazing for vocals. Vision Elysium comes to mind and I agree, I really enjoyed the mid range of that set. It was pretty fantastic. Last night I had my first official come to Jesus moment with and set and its vocal performance. The CPBA7 has ASTOUNDING mids. I’m a little embarrassed to say that i may have gotten a little emotional haha. Both male female vocals on this set are standard changing imo.

A little blurb about the low end. These are the newest Sonion BA’s I believe. Sonion 38D1XJ007Mi-8a/Sonion 2091i/Sonion E50DT0005/D*2. Well, I’ve definitely noticed the evolution of BA bass of late and this set is no exception. It’s deep, very punchy and has extremely realistic Timbre.

I’ll get to treble. I can only say that right now it’s right up my alley. Well extended by not sibilant or peaky anywhere that I’ve heard.

Oh god, here come more vocals!!!!

Jan 21, 2024 at 5:47 AM Post #6 of 12
Are there any graphs about for it? I can’t find anything on squigg.

Feb 18, 2024 at 3:23 AM Post #11 of 12
Feb 18, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #12 of 12
Thanks! Is this an all rounder set with no genre preference then? How does it compare to the Mentawai?
Yeah, the overall tonality lends itself to everything. The Mentawai was a little more upfront with the treble and detail and had more junk in the trunk as far as sub bass. Both great all rounders. The CPBA7 definitely has some special sauce with note weight. It’s a tad hard to flesh out the bass and describe it because the the notes carry so much oomph all the way into the upper mids. It’s a set you literally feel every strum in your soul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back