CanJam London 2022 Impressions Thread (July 30-31, 2022)
Aug 1, 2022 at 2:48 AM Post #151 of 348
A fabulous show so far... Still here enjoying the 'goods'. My Credit Card has taken a hit already and I was happy to also have a first ever listen to the new Sundara Closed Back. Impressive it was. As for the DCS 'Stack'... I had to hide my Credit Card from myself!!!
Would you please share a little more on this Sundara? Price range, look and feel,...?

Aug 1, 2022 at 3:50 AM Post #152 of 348
Closed back Sundara is a bit bulbous and if you look sideways you can definitely see the protruding Cups. Not an issue but pointed out. Weight is acceptable and fit is, for me, comfortable. Ear Pads are semi memory foam feel so give a good seal but not too perfect to give the suction issue to the ear. The colour of the ear cups is a bright almost beech colour, these may come in other colours later perhaps? Sound is almost a 'dead ringer' for the Open Sundara's but Bass is a bit more pronounced and probably because they are closed Cups. Mids are as Open Backs and Treble is soft but noticeable. An overall great pair of closed backs for the price.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2022 at 5:05 AM Post #153 of 348
What a great show! It was great to meet so many of you (I was helping out on the Linsoul/Fir if you're wondering who I am!).

The Thieaudio iems got some great reviews from head-fiers! I'm still gathering my own thoughts but so much good stuff. I need a week to recover!

Aug 1, 2022 at 5:45 AM Post #156 of 348
Aug 1, 2022 at 6:08 AM Post #157 of 348
Wow, my first ever Canjam and what an experience it was!

To be honest, the Kublai Khan were not my cup of tea. I didn't like the highs. The Sultan came closer to my taste.

Same for me! But also the S12. Damn impressive for that price. Loved the tuning on everything that I heard from Letshuoer. Also very kind representative.

The guys of Spirit Torino were also amazing. One of them even let me listen to a binaural recording of him with his own choir. After that he told us about the meaning of what they were singing. Their gear also sound amazing. Truly special experience.

Also loved the LCD-X. Somehow today was the first day I got to listen to them. Tempted to add them to my collection.

I liked the LCD-5 the best on the Cayin tube amp that Hifonix had, but also on the Burson Conductor 3X GT. Gave the LCD-5 just some much needed warmth, at least for my liking. Also I liked the new MM500 more than the LCD-5.

My personal highlight of the show was the Jomo Audio GT600. Such a balanced sound, nice low end, but also so much air and sparkly non fatuiging top end. The only IEM I would consider for an IEM-upgrade.

Edit: special shoutout to Vision Ears. Liked their stuff and their guy was really friendly too!
Fully agree on the Jomo GT600!

Aug 1, 2022 at 6:10 AM Post #158 of 348
Departure was postponed thanks to my 4 month old daughter, so by the time we'd made it up to London from Dorset it didn't leave a massive amount of time to get everything in, but managed to listen to the DCA Stealth, Stellia, Utopia, MM-500, CRBN, and LCD-XC.
Where did you find the DCA Stealth?
Whilst I could appreciate the technical performance of the more expensive models, or the linearity of something like the MM-500, for my tastes, I found the XC the most enjoyable headphone of the bunch by quite some margin.
Yep same here, the LCD-XC was the best headphone on the show for me too. The new MM-500 had a fuller midrange, possibly for recording engineers, but not me.

Aug 1, 2022 at 6:14 AM Post #159 of 348
Not just with the HEDD they had there (which unfortunately I can’t really use because it does not fit people with enormous noggins like myself), but with some other great cans.
Same here, didn't fit my head either, shame!
Big-heads beware!

Aug 1, 2022 at 6:55 AM Post #160 of 348
Great to see the Supermoon getting lots of love. Just out of curiosity, what was your source you used for impressions here, and what sort of music do you listen to?
Source was a fiio M11 plus, and here are a couple of music examples from opposite ends of the tempo spectrum (starting with the slow end) :wink:

Aug 1, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #161 of 348
Nice to see some love for the XC. Still one of my favorite closed backs. With Audeze EQ presets in Roon.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #164 of 348
Yes... my favourites were Audeze LCD-XC and Meze 109 Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back