Can the Fiio E5/E6s drive two headphones?
Nov 8, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #16 of 23

Quote:
Sorry, completely forgot I'd posted in here until today.  I just did a few tests using the E6 with the Sennheiser HD555 and the VSonic GR07.  I ran everything out of the headphone out of a FiiO E10 since I don't have a tv with a headphone jack and the line out on the E10 sounded really static-y with the E6 for some reason.  Splitter was one from Micca Store that came free with the E6.

The best setup I found was with the splitter plugged directly into the headphone out, the HD555 plugged into the splitter, and the GR07 plugged into the E6 (plugged into the other half of the splitter).  With this setup, you can set the source volume to fit the full-size can, then use the E6 to bring that down to a proper level for the IEMs.  With the splitter plugged into the E6 (E6 powering both), the volume was always either too loud for the IEMs or too quiet for the full-size phones.  With the opposite of my final setup, the E6 couldn't get loud enough to bring the full-size phones to the same level as the IEMs.

Final setup looks like this:
                                     ______________E6_______________IEM
                                    |
SOURCE------------------|______________________________FULL-SIZE PHONES

Hope this helps!

This is actually genius, not sure why I didn't think of that. Sound quality isn't a main concern, I just want to make sure my 3.5mm port of my TV/laptop can sufficiently power two separate pairs of headphones.

Thanks!

Nov 8, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #17 of 23
Hi there
i didnt want to open another thread and i had dificulty undersatnding how the fiio e6 connects to your mp3 player/dac.
I have a sansa clip + , does the e6 contain a 3,5 jack that connects to it out o the package?
Most of the pics i have senn route the e6 trough a docking station.
Greets John

Nov 8, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #18 of 23

Quote:
Hi there
i didnt want to open another thread and i had dificulty undersatnding how the fiio e6 connects to your mp3 player/dac.
I have a sansa clip + , does the e6 contain a 3,5 jack that connects to it out o the package?
Greets John

There's no docking station for the E6 as far as I know, I think you're thinking of the E7. The E6 has a 3.5mm, so using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm (or a LOD cable) which lets you do Clip -> E6 -> Headphones.

Nov 8, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #19 of 23

Quote:
Hi there
Greets John

When you say "docking station", do you mean something like this:

Or this:

Nov 8, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #20 of 23
why not do this: source-amp-splitter-volume control(s)-earphone/headphone?

Nov 10, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #23 of 23

Quote:
Slightly unrelated but, the dac/amps that require usb power (no battery), can they be powered by ANY usb port? i.e. can I power them through my Xbox's USB? (say the E10)

I doubt it.  The E10 uses USB as the audio interface as well as for power - it doesn't have a line in jack.  I don't own an Xbox though, so I can't test it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back