Can someone confirm or deny is this album is badly recorded?
Mar 10, 2017 at 4:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

killerpollo23

New Head-Fier
The album is called "Hasta la Raíz" from Natalia Lafourcade and whether is on my sennheisers px100ii or my z623 speakes, I can't help but to notice an annoying sound in the background, I don't know how to describe it other than "some kind of electrical noise like static", I kinda lack in words to describe it. 

Honestly I'm almost certain it has to do with the recording but I don't think they were like "yeah let's sell it like that", I only have listened to it via spotify both on my pc and phone and in both sources I hear it (although is more apparent on my pc), I mean, I don't think it has to do with spotify's sound quality... or can it?

Mar 10, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #2 of 5
It's ok, but the master has some issues. Hard to tell if the artist wanted it to sound like that because it sounds muffled to me. I would like to hear more clarity.

Mar 12, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #5 of 5
It's ok, but the master has some issues. Hard to tell if the artist wanted it to sound like that because it sounds muffled to me. I would like to hear more clarity.

Sent an email to the mastering engineer and he replied lol!

Basically he told me is probably because of Spotify, he told me there's nothing wrong with the album and he even encouraged me to buy the physical CD or vinyl to get the best possible quality,he also showed off a bit and told me he won a Grammy for his job in that album so rekt I guess, it kinda blows my mind that the engineer actually replied my email the same day... Well, even that he replied at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back