CALLING ALL PANASONIC HJE900 OWNERS!!! In need of help for Christmas present decision!
Dec 4, 2008 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

i_don't_know

1000+ Head-Fier
Considering my source/music taste/sound sig preference, are there better IEMs for $250 or less?

Music examples (I listen mostly to the acoustic stuff):

YouTube - Andrew Gorny - Polygons
YouTube - Matthew Santos - Shadows in a Shoebox - www.candyrat.com
YouTube - Jack Johnson - Sitting, Waiting, Wishing: Album Version (Edited), Closed Captioned
YouTube - Donavon Frankenreiter - Lovely Day
YouTube - Muse Bliss
YouTube - Audioslave - Like A Stone
YouTube - Rage Against The Machine - Sleep Now In The Fire
YouTube - Franz Ferdinand - Take me out

I like a happy median between or a combination of transparent and fun, with plenty of detail, good soundstage, and a sound that's just downright enjoyable to listen to.

Also, I hate the boring, analytical Ety sound. By combination of transparent and fun, I mean I want to hear the music, not my headphones (for those of you who have heard the Audio Technica AD2K, though I doubt IEMs could perfectly replicate that experience without spending a fortune) but I also want to really just be able to enjoy the experience and get into the music. What is music if it doesn't reach your soul? Music is an art, and without the fun factor it just loses its meaning.

I have no amp, by the way. That's one reason I was considering these. Looking at the specs, they seem pretty easy to drive straight from my Walkman.

Please help. Christmas is just around the bend and the time to decide is slowly disappearing! If there is anything that would suit me better for this price (or a lower price), PLEASE speak up!

Happy Holidays, Head-Fi!
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 12:56 AM Post #2 of 5
If only u search earlier, u can get the FOTM westone 3 at around usd260! Retailing usd400 but with 30% live cashback and ebay 10% rebate, it's usd260.

Klipsch 50% sale has also ended, atrios "buy 1 get 1 free" deal also ended yesterday. Hopefully more sales coming soon. IMHO, HJE900 dont worth the price tag.

Dec 4, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #3 of 5
Why aren't they worth the price?

And I'm not a basshead, so the Atrios aren't for me. I'm a "funhead"
smily_headphones1.gif

The other ones would have been great (especially Westone 3), but whatever I decide on won't be purchased for a while. It'll either be near Christmas, or near my birthday (end of February) if I decide I don't just want IEMs on Christmas morning. Thank you for replying, though.

Dec 4, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #4 of 5
Bump.

EDIT: I did some more research on the Westone 3, and they seem like my dream IEM. If they ever go for under $300 again, PLEASE tell me. I need to jump on that. But until then, could someone give me some further help and info?

Dec 4, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #5 of 5
you should look at my review of these as far as i know me and jabda are the only ones who have them so feel free to pm use if you have any questions cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back