Cable Extension?
Dec 5, 2022 at 3:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ABuilder

Head-Fier
I need a headphone cable extension. Anyone have any recommendations? I need 1/4" single ended. I seem to be finding really cheap or really expensive and was looking for something in the middle.

Dec 5, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #2 of 9
Grado makes a 15' one for like $70.

Dec 5, 2022 at 8:18 PM Post #4 of 9
I need a headphone cable extension. Anyone have any recommendations? I need 1/4" single ended. I seem to be finding really cheap or really expensive and was looking for something in the middle.
Second the Grado cable recommendation.

I use it frequently when I’m at my desk and need to walk around.

Dec 6, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #7 of 9
Another vote for Audiophile Ninja. If you can’t find it on the site, contact them and I’m sure that they can make whatever you want.

Dec 7, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #8 of 9
Be aware that the Grado extension is now braided to match the newer X series headphones. I don't know what's the obsession with inflexible, braided cables especially with a long extension. It can easily get twisted, easily kinks and will soon look shabby where it gets caught or rubs against objects. It's a pretty thin and cheap looking thing now.

I highly recommend the QED Performance extension cable available in various lengths. It's of beautiful quality. Similar in thickness to a Grado 'hose' with solid metal connections Their cables have never let me down

Dec 8, 2022 at 1:58 AM Post #9 of 9
Thanks everyone. I ended up reaching out to Audiophile Ninja. Sounds like they need a few parts that would be coming in soon and were going to reach back out to me once they are actually in. Great fast customer service. I appreciate the honesty. As long as the price is reasonable, I'll probably go with that if it comes in soon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back