Buying from abroad: Customs Question
Jan 2, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #16 of 18
When I ordered a Corda2Move from Jan Meier...I do not recall paying any customs to get it here (U.S.) from Germany. I was also able to send it back for "Return/Repair" with no issues.

I know some folks will list it as a "gift" (especially person to person, no businesses involved) which I'm sure kydsid would tell us is equally illegal.

Jan 2, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I ordered a Corda2Move from Jan Meier...I do not recall paying any customs to get it here (U.S.) from Germany. I was also able to send it back for "Return/Repair" with no issues.

I know some folks will list it as a "gift" (especially person to person, no businesses involved) which I'm sure kydsid would tell us is equally illegal.

Not really illegal, but gray. Better than not declaring and having it seized. It would be really hard for person to person to prove it isn't a gift in any case.

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #18 of 18
A bought my new headsets from a US seller as the prices were way too high in Canada for the same model.  Shipped via UPS but ups charged crazy custom clearance fees for us Canadians.  I went through a 3rd party Canada Customs Broker www.baycitybrokers.com and they cleared my UPS package at 50% of the cost UPS would do it for.  Hope this info helps other Canadians on this blog looking to buy headphones from abroad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back