building a "music pc"
Jan 7, 2005 at 6:08 AM Post #16 of 17
Also if you run out of things to do for the music comp: is the computer soft? particularly the fans - you might want to change these because a loud computer can get irritating when the music drops and you can hear the loud fans.

Jan 7, 2005 at 9:26 AM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther37
I know I'm being anal but there was never a 450MHz Pentium 1. The original pentiums went up to 200MHz. I suspect you have a Pentium 2. Slap some ram in there and you could be running Windows 2000 Pro, I had it up on a P1 133. If you're gonna ad a hard drive bigger than 32Gb, you are going to have to get a PCI Controler for your HDs. The P2 Intel BX chipsets would only recognize 32Gb HDs and under. I'm shure you can find a cheap ata100/133 card off ebay for under $30.

ummm....*looks at my Dell P2 450 with 3x 60 gig drives in it running XPpro*...*shrugs*

anyways, for a cheap amp/reciever, i suggest finding someone who's getting rid of an old surround sound system, like "whole shebang in a box" deal. I bought a RCA surround sound some 6 years ago, and the reciever is still in excellent condition, will power decent speakers with good quality sound, and takes coax and optical inputs. and the chaintech 710 is $25 at circuit city, i believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back