Buffalo Tom anyone?
Oct 31, 2002 at 4:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

markl

Hangin' with the monkeys.
Member of the Trade: Lawton Audio
Another great "lost" rock 'n roll band of the indie/college rock variety. Early albums produced by J. Mascis of Dinosaur Jr. if that means anything to you, although it's the later albums that are more "essential".

Buffalo Tom is a basic 3-piece band that really shreds. This band is an encyclopedia of rock 'n roll guitar riffs. Highly recommended if you like your guitars up front, and your vocals/lyrics passionate but not whiny. A very very tight band. Impossible to dislike. They were incredibly ugly and so they didn't make it-- although they did a surreal appearance on "Beverly Hills, 90210", ages ago, but don't hold that against them.

You've probably heard the riff to "Sodajerk" on a recent car commercial. This song, along with most of their best material can be found re-mastered on "A-Sides" http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver...ITEMID=1241505 an 18-track compilation. If this whets your whistle, I can reco great albums of theirs that can easily be found in the used bin.

Any other fans out there?

Mark

Oct 31, 2002 at 8:33 AM Post #2 of 2
thanks for the pointer and that info on dinosaur jr. i didnt know J. Mascis produced, interesting considering i dont found his own albums that well produced.. velvet roof and taillights fade has always been one of my favourite tracks..
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back