BUDA issue?
Sep 20, 2009 at 12:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

alexaad

New Head-Fier
Hello!

I have a BUDA+UDAC stack powered by DPS which sounds exceptional.

There is a small issue regarding BUDA operation that worries me, though.

When I power on DPS, the power indication light on BUDA flashes for a moment (the power switch on BUDA is in "off" position at that time) and then goes out.

It seems like at the time when DPS is switched on the power goes through to powered-off BUDA somehow for a moment.

There was no such issue with "regular" Balanced Desktop Amp which I had.

I wonder, is it the normal way of BUDA operation or is it an issue of my particular amp? Could this short power burst be harmful to BUDA electronics?
confused_face(1).gif

Question to BUDA owners: does your amp operate the same way as described above?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

P.S. Sorry for my poor English - it is not my native language.
redface.gif

Sep 20, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #2 of 5
I have exactly the same UDAC/BUDA + DPS combo as you, and my BUDA's power indication light also flashes transiently when the DPS is turned on. I'm sure this is normal operation and should not lead to any problems down the road. I suppose you could leave the DPS on all the time but why waste electricity? Hopefully the HR technical folks might be able to shed some light on this.

Sep 20, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by twsmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have exactly the same UDAC/BUDA + DPS combo as you, and my BUDA's power indication light also flashes transiently when the DPS is turned on. I'm sure this is normal operation and should not lead to any problems down the road. I suppose you could leave the DPS on all the time but why waste electricity? Hopefully the HR technical folks might be able to shed some light on this.

Thanks for your answer, pal.
Now I am not as worried, knowing that other units operate the same way.
normal_smile .gif

Apparently amp works how it should work.

It would be interesting to have an opinion from HR technical folks as well.
As I mentioned there is no such issue with Balanced Desktop Amp.

Sep 28, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #4 of 5
Hi alexaad,

Your BUDA should be just fine. There's some different power management going on in the BUDA compared to the standard Balanced Desktop that allows the transient spike from the DPS to dissipate which is what you're seeing. The newer standard and Ultra Desktop amps (after june '08 I believe) also have this circuitry in them and the LED will flash in those as well.

Hope that helps calm the mind
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back