BubbleUPnP artwork issues
Apr 18, 2024 at 8:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Vintageaudioholic

New Head-Fier
Hi all, hopefully I've posted in the right spot for help :)
I have a collection of WAV files that include album art and track details by tagging them using mp3tag. My current setup involves my smartphone with Onkyo HF Player outputting USB audio, all is well and album art and details show normally as any other music player.
I plan to finally transition to streaming and I am having some problems with BubbleUPnP. First off, Here's how I plan to use streaming:
Android music library -> BubbleUPnP -> Streamer -> DAC
I don't use Tidal nor Qobuz or any other fancy streaming services, hence I believe that BubbleUPnP will be sufficient for me. The problem is whenever I browse the local library/ play a song, BubbleUPnP cannot display the album art properly as the Onkyo HF app does, it also fails to display track details properly. Personally speaking, my priority is displaying album art properly. I've tried putting the cover art as "folder.jpg" into the same album folder but it doesn't seem to work even if i clear the media cache or reload the library.
I don't want to convert my files to FLAC because that will be quite time consuming, can anyone provide any solutions to this problem?
Thanks a lot!

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #2 of 5
I'm not a streamer, but I did some looking online, and I found a handful of things to look at:
  • Change the image name to "cover.jpg" instead of "folder.jpg"
  • What does the metadata look like for one of the files with this problem? Can you post a screenshot?
  • Is there some type of error log you can check in the software?

Apr 23, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #3 of 5
I'm not a streamer, but I did some looking online, and I found a handful of things to look at:
  • Change the image name to "cover.jpg" instead of "folder.jpg"
  • What does the metadata look like for one of the files with this problem? Can you post a screenshot?
  • Is there some type of error log you can check in the software?
Hi Joe,
Thanks for the suggestion, I've tried it but it doesn't seem to work either. My screen shows this for WAV files and their folders:
The album art doesn't show regardless whether I'm playing or viewing the album.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240423_221607_BubbleUPnP.jpg
    Screenshot_20240423_221607_BubbleUPnP.jpg
    421.4 KB · Views: 0
Apr 24, 2024 at 5:55 AM Post #5 of 5
Tagging WAV is a known problem. The WAV tagging standard is a bit limited (no album art). Some developers solve this by writing ID3 tags to WAV but that is not a standard.
https://www.thewelltemperedcomputer.com/KB/WAV_KB.htm

My suggestion would be to convert some files to FLAC. Check the FLACs for missing data and embed the cover art. See to it that BubbleUPnP rescans and check if this helps.

I don't want to convert my files to FLAC because that will be quite time consuming
If you load them on a PC and let a media player like Musicbee do the conversion in the bulk, it won't be time consuming.
This assumes that Musicbee like Onkyo HF sees all the meta data and transfer it when converting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back