~ Bose Quietcomfort 15 headphones HELP! ~
Aug 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

flyer4ever

New Head-Fier
Hello fellow members, I have been reading many threads and finally decided I have a question to ask, so I made an account.

I have the Bose Quietcomfort 15 headphones and I think I notice more of the vocals in the right side of my headphones. I am not sure if it is the music or if it is my psychological thinking or my OCD. But I do hear louder vocals in the right side of the headphones. 

If I cover the right side of the headphone, I do get sound coming from the left side and vice versa. If it is in fact due to the song, why do they do this on purpose? I experience that with many songs, I notice a higher volume on the right side of the headphone...

Thanks in advance!

Aug 12, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #5 of 7
Most likely it is just the stereo mix of the particular songs you are listening to.  It's also possible that there is something wrong with one of the drivers in the QC15 that you have, or somewhere else in the signal path for one of the 2 channels in your gear, but I'd bet it's just the nature of the songs.

What do the headphones sound like if you listen to a mono source?  Is the sound centered, or is it still biased to the right?

Aug 12, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #6 of 7
I think the vocals are still biased to the right. I have also tried some other on-ear headphones and they have the same effect, but not as pronounced as my QC15 since they have better sound quality. 

Also, can it be from my ears? I know that regular Ipod headphones will not give me a secure fit for my left ear, only my right ear, hence, I need on-ear headphones. 

Futhermore, are there any other tests I can try? And is there anything that will show the volume balance across the headphones? How about an equalizer? 

Aug 12, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #7 of 7
I'm far from an expert, but if you're hearing the same effect with 3 different sources, multiple headphones, and even with mono sources then I'd guess it's pretty likely something specific to your hearing or perception of the sound, not the gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back