Bose Companion : a way to enhance the sound ?
Jan 2, 2024 at 12:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Xpress

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I love my Bose Companion 20 active speakers. They only use a regular 3.5 jack input.
I am using the external jack output of my caldigit TS3+ docking station and stream hi-quality music from my MacBook.
They sound pretty good, but do you have any recommandation in order to get the best out of them?
Thank you!

Jan 2, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #2 of 3
i'm not sure that there would be much that you could do, short of getting an external DAC (digital to analog convertor) but this would be overkill, because there is only so good these types of computer speakers can sound, being limited by size. my only real sugestion would be: get a dual headphone adapter, a 3.5mm to stereo rca cable, and an active subwoofer. then run the bose out of one output, and the sub out of the other into an rca input using the new cable. this way you can get a bigger, more full sound.

Jan 3, 2024 at 2:40 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the answer. It sounds like a good idea. Any brands and model to recommend for speakers and adapters? I would prefer something not expensive for this secondary setup but not too cheap.

In addition:

- I don’t think the Caldigit internal DAC is good. Would a simple USB DAC work without causing trouble at the active speakers ?
- any good 3.5 jack audio cable brand and model to recommend (2 m length)?

Thanks !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back