Bookshelf (Audioengine A5+ Bamboo)
Oct 8, 2021 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Bubbyy

New Head-Fier
Hey guys...

First of all sorry i can’t speak english very well but i guess you guys can understand me.

so i'm just like to listen and enjoy music but i really love to listen to a high quality audio like high-end audio with great detail sound - clear sound - good sound stage - wide sound - good sharpness - depth sound - accurate bass - accurate mid and treble - good imaging .... and all other things that improve the music quality in all way to enjoy the music to listen, and i rather a warm sound and i like warm sound.

i mostly listen to all genre of rock and electronic music... sometimes i listen to psy-trance and dark psy music too, or psybient and bands like radiohead - tool - pink floyd - shpongle - porcupine tree and others like theese and sometimes classical music too.

now i have easy access to a used audioengine a5+ babmoo (wired) with very good price and i can buy it with ifi zen blue to listen to music with bluetooth sometimes.

now i need to know does audioengine a5+ bamboo satisfy me according to the genre and style music that I listen to and a kind of sound that i like or i should buy a different speaker or bookshelf under $500 that works better for me.

does audioengine 5+ bamboo has the power to satisfy me with electronic and psy trance music or i need to buy a subwoofer or a good amp-dac for it cuz i need a accurate and a little heavy bass cuz i like electronic music and warm sound or is it better to totally buy a different speaker or bookshelf?

the thing about this audioengine a5+ is its very available for me with a very very good price.

by the way this is my first good speakers that i want to buy, before this i had a jbl xtreme!!!

whats your advise guys? go with this audioengine a5+ bamboo or totally buy a different speaker or bookshelf under $500 or even cheaper?!

and is there any diffrence between A5+ bamboo model? Is it sound better?

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #2 of 10
I heard that audioengine A5+ and HD6 has rich and heavy bass.
And they have warm sound and really good for any genre of music.
And they are one the best bookshelf with a rich and heavy bass - warm sound and powerful sound in their price.
Is it right?

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #3 of 10
I think you can do better than Audioengine, I'd recommend some Presonus Eris 4.5 and an SMSL M3 DAC.

The Presonus are balanced, no heavy bass.

Oct 11, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #7 of 10
Another thing is i can buy any speaker that i want but it get expensive in my country...
for expample i can order a $400 speaker but i have to spend about $550 or more to buy them.
But this A5+ that i found has a good price and i can buy them with exact the international price.

Oct 11, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #8 of 10
I need to know can i buy better speaker under $500 than audioengine A5+ with powerfull sound with rich and heavy bass and volume and have warm sound that good for rock and electronic music...
And if any bookshelfs can’t give the bass that i want i can buy a subwoofer later for them.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #10 of 10
If, as you say, you can buy the Audioengine A5 for a "very good price", what can go wrong ? If you don´t like, you must not have problem to sell them.
I´ve got myself the small ones, A2, and they have a very detailed sound, with lack in the bass. So, I think the A5 must be much better...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back