Bluetooth adapter for connecting wired headphones
Jun 18, 2009 at 1:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Kirosia

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking for something I can plug my wired phones into so I can stream music from a bluetooth-enable device. (Which in this case will be a 3.5mm jack-less smartphone) Preferably something inexpensive and small.

EDIT: I've been reading up on the Jabra BT3030, any experiences?

Jun 18, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #3 of 7
Yeah, I'm aware that SQ will suffer, but I'll be using it with a pair of $30 sennheiser earbuds in a portable environment.

Jun 18, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #4 of 7
ive got a sonyericsson one ds200 or something like that, works fine and sound quality is alright too. nothing stellar but nothing that makes me want to hurl it out a window.

but ive heard that they do work better when you use the same brand of phone as the headset. so try to make both ends the same manufacturer

Jun 19, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #5 of 7
I've been looking a the jabra, sony ericsson, and other reputed BTs. It seems they all suffer from lag/latency issues. This stinks since I plan on watching video on the device.

Jun 19, 2009 at 10:52 AM Post #6 of 7
well my one ive have seen it lag when the connection strength is crap and breaks up a bit but that was when paired with the comp and i felt it never worked great in that set up. mostly due to vista having utterly uselessly crap bluetooth support. if i wasnt wandering about and leaving the room and signal strength stayed fine then it worked with no lag at all. it was only if the signal doped it appeared to buffer the audio then play what hadnt made it through. while a nice idea it made the video and audio go out of sync

Jun 19, 2009 at 12:39 PM Post #7 of 7
Since I'm using it with a smartphone, the device and BT will always be within close range. But all the reports I've read is that audio/video going out of sync by a bit (ms) is normal, and that's still an issue for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back