Blue tooth transmitters & receiver for existing comfortable headphones
Nov 18, 2018 at 12:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

IDREOS

New Head-Fier
I am trying to listen to TV via a pair of existing comfortable non wireless headphones via bluetooth

Am overwhelmed by the number of bt transmitters and receivers out there and am trying to find an inexpensive way of achieving this

Would like a reliable transmitter and a receiver that are both powered by a USB connection

the TV transmitter and receiver for the headphones should have aptx to prevent lag.

Would appreciate advice/recommendations from anyone who has been faced with this decision
Thanks for your help

Jan 25, 2024 at 12:00 AM Post #2 of 3
If I’m trying to listen to TV like a Netflix series show and want to do with headphones, this is how I do it:

I output the TV with a long toshlink optical cable> going into a small DAC (a budget $100 DAC is fine)>going into a small headphone amp with RCA cables> and finally my headphone

Depending on your room and furniture arrangements , it may work or the wiring may be awkward but sonically it does work and the sound quality is excellent even with budget gear.

Jan 26, 2024 at 9:22 AM Post #3 of 3
You may run into latency problems where audio doesn't sync with the video. A cheap FireTV stick if your TV has HDMI on it will solve that problem. A pair of Sennheiser Momentum 2 ear buds on Ebay can be $65 open box and great sound, those are fast enough to watch video. Even the Anker Q30 is around that price on sale new. Sennheiser has a TV wireless headphone just for TV watching and you can steal one on ebay. So much simpler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back