Blue Jeans Cable
May 14, 2003 at 12:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

dudlew

1000+ Head-Fier
Anyone here uses or heard of Blue jeans cables at bluejeanscable.com ?

I was searching for interconnects and came accross this sight. I see that they use Belden wire and Canare connectors. Does this mean that they should be good? especially for the price?

I am interested cuz these babies are in my price range. (a poor man could only afford so much!!!)

D

May 14, 2003 at 5:44 PM Post #2 of 11
I used to use Belden 89259 for audio IC's, and they are very good. They are much better than any Monster I have heard. I'm not to sure about the other cables, but looking at the price they are probably a step down. I also use 1506A for my Digital IC, which beat the Stealth Fineline MKII by a large margin. It is worth it to call Belden and have them send you trial size pieces to make your own. They really don't care that us audiophiles only need 3ft to make a pair of cables (That is the size they send) because usually they sell 1000ft rolls. The Canare connectors you see are available for really cheap too. You could make 2-3 pair + a Digital cable for under $20.00 if you call Belden for the free samples + Canare for the connectors. At this price, everybody should be making cables. This website is very explanitory:
http://www.geocities.com/jonrisch/cables.htm

May 14, 2003 at 10:10 PM Post #3 of 11
I recently purchased a Canare L5 digital cable from bluejeans. Fast, and reasonably priced.

If you are looking for a Canare digital cable with Canare connectors, I would suggest you have them do it. The Canare connectors requires a special tool. Too expensive for most diyers.

May 14, 2003 at 10:18 PM Post #4 of 11
For their prices, I think I might try them.

Remember I live on a small island in the caribbean. I dont think belden would send cable here. Also, I not much of a DIYer.

If Belden would send here then I will try it. But shipping to these parts are going to probably cost me the price of the product anyway.

I think I will give them a try and see how it goes. I think any interconnect would be better than what i have at the moment!!!

D

May 14, 2003 at 10:59 PM Post #5 of 11
I use Blue Jeans Belden cables for my component video cables. There has been a small artifact problem coming up, but I think it's something with a bad connection, and not the cable itself. I've been too lazy to swap it out and compare, because it's just a small spot of hazy red only visible on black backgrounds.

May 15, 2003 at 2:43 AM Post #6 of 11
I have some choices........ signalcable.com bluejeanscable.com or diycable.com. I am too lazy (honesty) to build my own, but these are three affordable options for me at the moment.

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR RECCOMENDATIONS!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Make that two.....the fact I have to assemble with DIYcable.com makes me change my mind
frown.gif
Ireally dont want to spend that kinda cash for something I can easily botch

D

May 15, 2003 at 3:28 AM Post #7 of 11
You really should try to make your own cables. I'd recommend the Klotz GY107 with Canare F9 (or F10) RCA plugs. Good value for $$....

May 17, 2003 at 4:44 PM Post #10 of 11
I also wholeheartedly recommend Signal Cables. I have the Analog Two interconnects and the speaker cables in my system. For the price these cables are excellent. If you want to read dozens of other great recommendations for these cables, go to the Signal site and they have a link to 263 other highly satisfied customers via Audiogon.

regards

Jun 13, 2003 at 8:00 PM Post #11 of 11
Did anyone ever get around to directly comparing the Blue Jean cables with others?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back