BLIND TEST: Lossless vs. MP3 320
Nov 18, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #106 of 107
Don't worry - I am just naturally sceptical 
smile.gif

The reason I questioned the timing is that in your last test there were several results under 10 seconds (1 was actually recorded as 5 seconds) - 14.55.22 to 14.55.27. That barely gives enough time to hear the track and make your choice.  Just seems 'questionable'.

I owned the B2 previously - so I know what they are like.  The fact that you use 24/96 will make no difference to the test - especially as the recordings you compared were only 16bit anyway.  I can't speak for the E17, but I have owned several Fiios in the past - none were particularly 'resolving'.

If you were able to discern  a repeatable difference .... well done.  Unfortunately there is no prize 
wink.gif
.   Is there any particular part of the recording that was easy for you (ie at what timestamp)?  Just interested.  Won't make any difference to me (my ears are not that good) - but may be interesting to others.

And your English is perfectly fine - no need to apologise.

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #107 of 107
The reason I questioned the timing is that in your last test there were several results under 10 seconds (1 was actually recorded as 5 seconds) - 14.55.22 to 14.55.27. That barely gives enough time to hear the track and make your choice.  Just seems 'questionable'.

3 seconds are enough as well. :)

I owned the B2 previously - so I know what they are like.

Do you agree with me?

The fact that you use 24/96 will make no difference to the test - especially as the recordings you compared were only 16bit anyway.

Sure. I just posted the equipment I use and mentioned the mode of the DAC.

I can't speak for the E17, but I have owned several Fiios in the past - none were particularly 'resolving'.

The resolution was enough for me. ( if you believe me :))) ). BTW I just tried to pass the test with my Brainwavz HM5's - it's impossible...

Unfortunately there is no prize :wink: .   Is there any particular part of the recording that was easy for you (ie at what timestamp)?  Just interested.  Won't make any difference to me (my ears are not that good) - but may be interesting to others.

That's why I am asking: why do I need to fake the results?
About the particular part: yes it exists ( as mentioned in the previous post - you can see it on screenshots I provided ). It's around 0.57, when he sings "You can maaaake me scream". I concentrate on the word make, on the file 'B' while he pronounces the letter 'a' you can hear some more treble ( maybe upper mids ), sparkle. On the file 'A' the sparkle still exists but it sounds different way: I call it 'polished'.

Try this maybe it will work for you as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back