Blackberry or iPhone?
Jun 5, 2008 at 3:55 AM Post #31 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All I got to say is... take whatevers available... a graduation "gift" from your parents for just going INTO college? man ur spoilt.

guess what my gift was? me paying for all the tuition, all the expenses, all the rent. yup, great gift.

A little harsh no? Some parents are thrilled when their kids get into college, in fact I'd say most! Many are super thrilled when their child gets into the school they wanted to or that the child wanted to. Others are thrilled when the child is the first in a family to get accepted. Others are thrilled because the kid may have struggled or perhaps didn't want to go. Still others are just happy for their kids and want to treat them.

My parents seriously hooked me up with some gifts when I graduated from highschool and they are not rich (not to mention me having 3 younger brothers). Don't be so bitter regarding other people's good fortunes. My goodness, the cynicism and hostility!

Jun 5, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #32 of 44
I personally would much rather use a blackberry, the curve is a nice phone and generally I'm buried in my email rather than my browser.

All things equal if my job didn't mandate I own one (either/or really) I wouldn't have either. So take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Jun 5, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #33 of 44
iPhone...Blackberry...iPhone...Blackberry...

lol each one has its own strengths and weaknesses, and I know the gaps will narrow with the Bold and iPhone 3G coming out.

But if the iPhone 3G is announced (and is available) next Monday (it has to!), and if it really is "all that" compared to its predecessor and its rivals, I may not have a choice.
redface.gif

EDIT: Engadget roundup of the Pre-WWDC iPhone rumors:

Pre-WWDC iPhone rumor roundup: AT&T out of stock, subsidized pricing, last minute size changes - Engadget

Jun 5, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #34 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iPhone...Blackberry...iPhone...Blackberry...

lol each one has its own strengths and weaknesses, and I know the gaps will narrow with the Bold and iPhone 3G coming out.

But if the iPhone 3G is announced (and is available) next Monday (it has to!), and if it really is "all that" compared to its predecessor and its rivals, I may not have a choice.
redface.gif

EDIT: Engadget roundup of the Pre-WWDC iPhone rumors:

Pre-WWDC iPhone rumor roundup: AT&T out of stock, subsidized pricing, last minute size changes - Engadget

Just my opinion, but if AT&T really does subsidize the iPhone down to $200, I think it'll be a no-brainer. That's $100 cheaper than an iPod touch with a lot more features. I don't know how much the bold will be, but my 8830 is normally $300 and I definitely wouldn't pay more for it than an iphone.

Jun 5, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #35 of 44
Quote:

Dang dude, sorry that had to happen to you. And I'm sorry if I have somehow given off the impression that I was "spoilt." It's just something that my parents want to do for me, and they are the type to hold my hand and guide me through things, even if I did want to let go.

It's okay, ahaha, I didn't try to make my comment seem "threatening or hostile"... like, u know how poeple just say "man your spoilt." but hey, at least ull enjoy ur present =P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A little harsh no? Some parents are thrilled when their kids get into college, in fact I'd say most! Many are super thrilled when their child gets into the school they wanted to or that the child wanted to. Others are thrilled when the child is the first in a family to get accepted. Others are thrilled because the kid may have struggled or perhaps didn't want to go. Still others are just happy for their kids and want to treat them.

My parents seriously hooked me up with some gifts when I graduated from highschool and they are not rich (not to mention me having 3 younger brothers). Don't be so bitter regarding other people's good fortunes. My goodness, the cynicism and hostility!

Nah, theres no hostility, it was more of a reply, like how people just casually say "oh wow, ur spoilt" in a jokingly way. And yes, I agree, most parents are thrilled when their kids go to college.

My parents were happy, but of course, the typical saying in chinese: "its your life, you are only doing it for yourself, not for anyone else". So I guess my present was... my independence, esp from my responsibility to make money and pay for everything =P

Jun 5, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #36 of 44
Buy iPhone for personal use, get Blackberry for work. =T

Jul 6, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #39 of 44
Woah, this is my thread. I knew the title looked familiar.
redface.gif

For the past month or so I've been waiting for the Blackberry Bold to be released...it's been delayed to mid-August, but I know it'll be worth the wait. After looking extensively at the Bold vs. iPhone, the iPhone seems like a toy compared to the Bold (IMO).

I have a new question, if anybody can answer it. Since I'm essentially relocating myself down in Southern California, should I purchase the phone down there? Because if I buy it up here in San Jose, wouldn't I be charged extra every time I use it down there? The network will be AT&T, and IIRC they're changing their rates/plans when the iPhone 3G comes out, but I don't think location charges will be changed.

TIA!
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #40 of 44
My personal opinion is that both suck :p But that's also according to my specific needs.

I do a lot of texting and emailing, so a physical keyboard, or at least a touch board not as small as the iPhone one (like the Samsung Instict on wide angle mode), is important to me. The iPhone now has push/exchange email, but like I said the keyboard sucks. The blackberry can sorta/kinda do push through BES (which costs extra money per month) but on WinMo phones, it's native and "free".

BB's are fairly restrictive for third party apps, and the iPhone is even worse (but at least they allow it now). Palm is probably the best, but their phones are outdated.

So... I'm leaning towards a winmo based phone I guess
wink.gif
Probably the HTC Touch pro (has a physical keyboard). If I *had* to choose between the iPhone and a BB, I'd choose a Blackberry.. but I wouldn't be totally happy with either of them.

Jul 9, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #42 of 44
Quote:

Woah, this is

For the past month or so I've been waiting for the Blackberry Bold to be released...it's been delayed to mid-August, but I know it'll be worth the wait. After looking extensively at the Bold vs. iPhone, the iPhone seems like a toy compared to the Bold (IMO).

I'm looking at both, what makes you say that about the Bold vs. the Iphone? I really can't decide as they are fairly similar aren't they? The biggest difference seems to be just the keyboards now that the iphone has activsync and apps.

Jul 9, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #43 of 44
If I could, I might wait to see the reviews of the new iphone. I use both a bb curve and the orig iphone. While I like the browser of the iphone, I do think that my bb is the better phone as a phone and for emails. If they do improve the functionality of the iphone in the 3g version, for personal use, I would go with the iphone. If they don't improve the phone functionality of the iphone, I would go with the bb unless I really needed to browse. but YMMV.

Jul 9, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #44 of 44
i think you should head over to a store and check out the bb and the iphone (might have to wait a couple weeks since the new ipod is being released friday... it'll be a little hectic) try out the interface and see which one feels better. i'd pick the iphone if it were for me, but i've been an apple user for a long time so take that with a shaker of salt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back