binaural recordings
Mar 16, 2002 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

kelly

Herr Babelfish der Übersetzer, he wore a whipped-cream-covered tutu for this title.
Please don't off-topic this thread into whether or not binaural is a good technology and get it booted to the other area of the forum. Just go over there and post your own message if you want to debate that. Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

What I'd rather have in this thread is ... what are some good binaural recordings on CD and where is the best place to get them for a good price? I've only heard a couple of tracks from a Stax CD and the samples at binaural.com. I'm into virtually all genres of music so I'm just polling for the best recordings.

Mar 17, 2002 at 12:57 AM Post #3 of 12
I have heard only two songs from Pearl Jams Binaural are actually binaural. Do you know which ones?

Notorious.

Jun 26, 2002 at 11:28 PM Post #6 of 12
"From the Caves of the Iron Mountain" is an awesome all binaural recording. However it is not cheap, about 36.00 on Amazon, but definitely worth the cash if you're into binaural recordings.

Jun 27, 2002 at 1:05 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by fyrfytrhoges
"From the Caves of the Iron Mountain" is an awesome all binaural recording. However it is not cheap, about 36.00 on Amazon, but definitely worth the cash if you're into binaural recordings.

I also enjoy this binaural recording. I like it even better since it only cost me $15.00 at the Papa Bear Records web site.
wink.gif

Jun 27, 2002 at 2:30 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by zoomin
from a pearl jam interview: http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/Pea.../echoes10.html

Jeff: It's very textural. That really comes through in some of the stuff. Off the Girl...Of the Girl (Laughs) and Sleight of Hand and Nothing as it Seems.

Of the Girl sounds amazing on phones.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Jun 27, 2002 at 1:37 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by dparrish
http://www.binaural.com

Quote from original post (scroll up if you don't believe me!):
"What I'd rather have in this thread is ... what are some good binaural recordings on CD and where is the best place to get them for a good price? I've only heard a couple of tracks from a Stax CD and the samples at binaural.com."

Wangh. I feel ignored.

Find us some binaural SACDs, D.

Jun 27, 2002 at 7:50 PM Post #12 of 12
There are not many music titles available recorded binaurally. Primarily because rather than hearing just the music, you also hear the room in which the music is played. Now I grant you that placing a binaural head infront of a conductor's podium for an orchestral performance would be an incredible recording, not many exist and even fewer are released.
If you search for holophonics you will find some interesting effect CDs available.
As far as I know the best way to get binaural recordings are to make them yourself.
Bobes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back