Bi-amped audiophile desktop package
Jun 15, 2008 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Luckyleo

Headphoneus Supremus
Jun 17, 2008 at 5:05 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckyleo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wondering if any of you have purchased this complete packaged system. What are the pros and cons of getting a bundled system vs. getting the individual components separately? Would you recommend this?

Thanks!

Bi-Amped Audiophile Desktop Package @ HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

Hi LuckyLeo,

The 'packaged' HeadRoom systems provide nice price discounts compared to buying the stuff separately; Our packaged combos also represent gear arrays we've personally heard, evaluated, & found to offer especially superb audio synergy!
biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Jun 17, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks sweet, you think a Sub might be a good addition to that outfit Jorge?

Although a quality sub certainly never hurts, the Harbeths offer plenty of richly-toned, well-balanced, & cleanly textured bass response imho... The tiny little Amphion Ions we're also carrying might perhaps benefit slightly more from a good woof.
tongue.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/ Product Manager

Jun 17, 2008 at 10:27 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi LuckyLeo,

The 'packaged' HeadRoom systems provide nice price discounts compared to buying the stuff separately; Our packaged combos also represent gear arrays we've personally heard, evaluated, & found to offer especially superb audio synergy!
biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Not directly related to the topic of the thread, but I made an observation about the pricing of the HD650 Balanced Desktop package that I'm curious about.

Unless I'm missing something, I noticed that if you take each individual item in the package and price them separately, it actually costs less to buy them separately than it does to buy the package.

Balanced Desktop Amp with Alps pot and DAC option: $1397.00
Sennheiser HD650: $349.95
Balanced Stock HD650 Cable: $99.00
HeadRoom USB Cable 6ft: $9.95
Optical Digital Cable 3ft: $5.99
Toslink to Optical Mini Adaptor: $1.95

Total price buying separately: $1863.84

Price of the package: $1995.00

Am I missing something, or is there something screwy with the pricing here?

Also, a side note: The link to the Balanced Desktop Amp (Page Not Found - HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears) from that package's page doesn't work (it's supposed to be headroom-balanced-desktop-amp.php, not headroom-desktop-balanced-amp.php).
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 17, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #6 of 6
Yikes!
eek.gif
Sorry, that's a misprint that's been corrected on the website. We'll also address the broken link asap...

Thanks mucho for bringing that to our attention!
wink.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Users who are viewing this thread

Back