Beyerdynamic DT 911 spare parts and/or replacement headphones
Sep 23, 2019 at 4:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

P1ps

New Head-Fier
My trusty DT 911's broke. Head bow's pin broke on the other side and got stuck inside the other system bow. It seems there are no spare parts to be found to fix this. Any suggestions how to keep using the headphones since they still work perfectly and I love them?

If I'm forced to replace the headphones, I'd like to aqcuire the Beyerdynamics' on the market that are the most similar sounding and feel the same for ears. There seem to be a lot of Beyerdynamic enthusiasts here so what would you recommend? High isolation from background noise (noise cancellation even) is a huge plus since I use them on venues during the days, aeroplanes, coffee shops... Of course you can suggest other similar sounding brands too.

Sep 24, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #2 of 6
The entire headband assembly should just snap on and off with a bit of flexing, and can probably just be replaced by an entire headband assembly from another full size Beyerdynamic.
I would start searching for old faulty headphones, I'm not sure if the new replacement headbands would be a suitable fit, although the dimensions should be about the same.

Sep 24, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #3 of 6
The entire headband assembly should just snap on and off with a bit of flexing, and can probably just be replaced by an entire headband assembly from another full size Beyerdynamic.
I would start searching for old faulty headphones, I'm not sure if the new replacement headbands would be a suitable fit, although the dimensions should be about the same.

I've dissambled the headphones but since the pin broke in a way that both the head bow and the other system bow are unusable I'd have to find an assembly that fits straight to the cabinets and none of the current Beyerdynamic spare parts on the market seem to do that. Searching for faulty, fitting headphones seems a bit of a long stretch but I will definitely ask around, didn't think of that.

Jan 3, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #4 of 6
Hi, I believe to have had the same problem for a few years now and today created a 3D model that can be printed.

I came across this post and forum while looking for the replacement parts and thought you might be interested in my solution.
I just assembled it a minute ago and it is working as intended. The model should already be up on ThingyVerse: www.thingiverse.com/thing:6415394

Edit:

I might have misunderstood what pin / part broke specificaly in your case...
If it is the bow itself you need; it looks like someone else has created a model that looks to be the same as for the DT-911:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5354689

If this is what you are looking for, you could try to find someone that will print them for you or use a service like pcbway.com; their 3D print quality and lead times are pretty good.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2024 at 9:26 PM Post #5 of 6
The closest sound if you want similar is the DT880 250ohm with one ply of toilet paper on the driver under the foam pad. It shaves 2-3db off the treble peak like a comb filter. Some models come with a felt pad already which acts the same way like my current ones. If buying used sometimes it doesn't, one ply will do the trick.
Consolidated Sound is the repair for Beyerdynamic North America. If anyone has parts it would be them.
https://www.consolidatedsoundservices.com/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back