Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO mods to be come Sony MDR Z7
Apr 9, 2023 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

yifuhood

New Head-Fier
people say, DT770 80ohm has a lot of bass but I don't hear it. the truth is it is not. the DT770 Pro has a lot potentials, so I start to mode it.

with 2 Washers 3cm outer 1cm inter. Kitchen tower, surgical tape(Cotton paper mix material). Do not type all the gaps on the driver leave some space for air to get in the driver.

you will have your DT770 Pro bass better extension, bass response more linear. I have tryed frequency, examples, and compared with other headphones.

Please share your research and modification.

Attachments

• Beyerdynamic-DT-770-PRO-frequency-response-HATS-SoundGuys-Studio-Curve-V2.jpg
    Beyerdynamic-DT-770-PRO-frequency-response-HATS-SoundGuys-Studio-Curve-V2.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3590.JPG
    IMG_3590.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3591.JPG
    IMG_3591.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0093.jpeg
    IMG_0093.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023 at 3:22 AM Post #2 of 2
Sony MDR-z1r is using the same cotton paper like material for damping as well. I have been using surgical tape for HD25 as well since 15 years ago. As you can see, they put stiffer frame in order to prevent rattling on the cup. I will try to fold aluminium sheets, compress them into tapes stick onto the cup. This may give more clean lower region, since he will be less cup rattling sound. The less energy turn into the movement of the cup, the more bass quantity and quality there will be.

Attachments

• eJ9rsGI.jpg
    eJ9rsGI.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back